Waltham (MA) Shop Selling Kel-Tec P-11 $299 or $399

First, I know that I am going to get a lot of views because of the bizarre price option in the title.

I just came back from Law Enforcement Supply in Waltham and they have a Kel-Tec P-11 for either $299 or $399 (I cannot remember). This is a hard to find handgun and the price ($399?) is good. I do not know if this is the best place to post this information (mods send it wherever is best)...but for someone who is interested, this is a good deal on a hard to find gun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod Hat On!

Since this is a shop sale, not a NES member sale, it didn't belong in Classifieds, thus I changed the title and moved it to GD.

Email being sent to massnee to explain same.

Not sure if the price is good or not, but it doesn't really matter as no Kel-Tecs are on the EOP list...

http://www.mass.gov/Eeops/docs/chsb/firearms/approved_firearms_roster_july06.pdf

So, unless it was registered in MA prior to 98 (was Kel-Tec even around prior to 98?), or it was a non-FFL sale brought in from out of state, it can only be sold to an LEO.

I thought for sure that someone else would address your comments...Here is my attempt...

A pre 98 handgun does not need to have been registered in MA for it to be sold through a dealer. The only issue is that it be pre-98. You could, in theory, have pre-98 handguns shipped in from other states.

Secondly, If a handgun is pre-98 then it does not have to be on the "list" for a dealer to sell it. This particular handgun is pre-98 and therefore legal for a dealer to sell.

I am not an attorney...I only play one on the internet...

Steve,

Sorry, but you have this one WRONG my friend!

Any handgun that is NOT on the EOPS List MUST have been legally in possession of a MA Resident LTC holder or a MA FFL/Dealer ON 10.21.98 for it to be able to be sold by a MA Dealer to a MA Resident . . . otherwise the MA Dealer can ONLY sell to another FFL or out-of-state.

IF a handgun IS on the EOPS List, then it simply has to have been MFD prior to 1998 to avoid the AG BS and be legal for a MA Dealer to sell to a MA Resident.

I did not know that...

LoginName, forgive me for my ignorance…

However, concerning the P-11…I have seen them at other dealers so I expect that the handgun was manufactured and available in Mass prior to 98.

That gun has been sitting in the case for quite a while. I looked at it, and it is VERY well used, and wasn't even given the courtesy of a cleaning before being put there.

I wanted one, but passed on it.

21.8 ounces with 11 Gold Dots. Hardly feel it on the belt,
using the accessory belt clip.

Back
Top Bottom