Waltham (MA) Shop Selling Kel-Tec P-11 $299 or $399

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
First, I know that I am going to get a lot of views because of the bizarre price option in the title.

I just came back from Law Enforcement Supply in Waltham and they have a Kel-Tec P-11 for either $299 or $399 (I cannot remember). This is a hard to find handgun and the price ($399?) is good. I do not know if this is the best place to post this information (mods send it wherever is best)...but for someone who is interested, this is a good deal on a hard to find gun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.4%
61   1   0
Mod Hat On!

Since this is a shop sale, not a NES member sale, it didn't belong in Classifieds, thus I changed the title and moved it to GD.

Email being sent to massnee to explain same.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Not sure if the price is good or not, but it doesn't really matter as no Kel-Tecs are on the EOP list...

http://www.mass.gov/Eeops/docs/chsb/firearms/approved_firearms_roster_july06.pdf

So, unless it was registered in MA prior to 98 (was Kel-Tec even around prior to 98?), or it was a non-FFL sale brought in from out of state, it can only be sold to an LEO.
I thought for sure that someone else would address your comments...Here is my attempt...

A pre 98 handgun does not need to have been registered in MA for it to be sold through a dealer. The only issue is that it be pre-98. You could, in theory, have pre-98 handguns shipped in from other states.

Secondly, If a handgun is pre-98 then it does not have to be on the "list" for a dealer to sell it. This particular handgun is pre-98 and therefore legal for a dealer to sell.

I am not an attorney...I only play one on the internet...

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.4%
61   1   0
Steve,

Sorry, but you have this one WRONG my friend!

Any handgun that is NOT on the EOPS List MUST have been legally in possession of a MA Resident LTC holder or a MA FFL/Dealer ON 10.21.98 for it to be able to be sold by a MA Dealer to a MA Resident . . . otherwise the MA Dealer can ONLY sell to another FFL or out-of-state.

IF a handgun IS on the EOPS List, then it simply has to have been MFD prior to 1998 to avoid the AG BS and be legal for a MA Dealer to sell to a MA Resident.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I did not know that...

LoginName, forgive me for my ignorance…

However, concerning the P-11…I have seen them at other dealers so I expect that the handgun was manufactured and available in Mass prior to 98.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
That gun has been sitting in the case for quite a while. I looked at it, and it is VERY well used, and wasn't even given the courtesy of a cleaning before being put there.

I wanted one, but passed on it.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
21.8 ounces with 11 Gold Dots. Hardly feel it on the belt,
using the accessory belt clip.

Top Bottom