Walnut media attracts...

I went to grab a tupperware container that I was storing walnut tumbling media in and found a hole chewed in the cover and further evidence that a mouse had found it a comfortable place to take a rest (dump). It looks like he made off with maybe a cup full but I tossed the rest. I don't want any mouse born diseases. I ended up trapping the family (5). Then I had a meeting with my cats about responsibilities!

This media is pretty much an animal litter...lizards and other scaly critters I think. Do mice eat it or take it for their nests? It took quite an effort for them little buggers to get into that tub. I'm wondering what the main attraction is? I can understand the attraction if they eat it. I'm running 2 tumblers and storing clean media but I don't want it to become an amusement park for mice. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

I went to grab a tupperware container that I was storing walnut tumbling media in and found a hole chewed in the cover and further evidence that a mouse had found it a comfortable place to take a rest (dump). It looks like he made off with maybe a cup full but I tossed the rest. I don't want any mouse born diseases. I ended up trapping the family (5). Then I had a meeting with my cats about responsibilities!

This media is pretty much an animal litter...lizards and other scaly critters I think. Do mice eat it or take it for their nests? It took quite an effort for them little buggers to get into that tub. I'm wondering what the main attraction is? I can understand the attraction if they eat it. I'm running 2 tumblers and storing clean media but I don't want it to become an amusement park for mice. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Feed the cats less. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom