• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

walmart winchester ammo . Is it good stuff?

I got some ammo at walmart today. Winchester PDX1 defender bonded hollowpoints. I figure this is the best stuff Winchester makes?
The 9mm +p has velocity of 1200fps. 40S&W 1,180fps, and the 223 at 2,780fps.

The guy behind the counter of your LGS will assure you that Walmart only sells blems and seconds, not first quality ammunition. That's while he's busy scraping the Walmart labels off the ammo he's putting on his shelf. [rofl]
PDX is good, as is SXZ, also from Winchester. I have to think that there isn't that much difference between any JHP ammunition as long as it's 124gr or 147gr and comes from a quality manufacturer.

I prefer the sxt's but I'm not lining up in front of the muzzle of those any time soon either. Check real world data on those I think they come in a little under advertised. But they will still get the job done as long as you do your part

extra oomph is Nice!

I prefer the sxt's but I'm not lining up in front of the muzzle of those any time soon either. Check real world data on those I think they come in a little under advertised. But they will still get the job done as long as you do your part

extra oomph is Nice!

Back
Top Bottom