Walmart to stop ammo, gun sales

Same is happening at basspro w their long guns. Was there a month or so ago, no semi pistols, a couple of revolvers in one case, the other cases empty. No inventory according to counter jockey.

The hunting shotgun/rifle racks were pretty empty too. Guy behind the counter said they had plenty of shotguns but they’re locking them up in the back at night now because of “credible threats” they have been warned of by DHS (according to the guy behind the counter) so they’re not all on display during the day since it’s a hassle to bring the, out every morning & pack them back up every night.

Same is happening at basspro w their long guns. Was there a month or so ago, no semi pistols, a couple of revolvers in one case, the other cases empty. No inventory according to counter jockey.

The hunting shotgun/rifle racks were pretty empty too. Guy behind the counter said they had plenty of shotguns but they’re locking them up in the back at night now because of “credible threats” they have been warned of by DHS (according to the guy behind the counter) so they’re not all on display during the day since it’s a hassle to bring the, out every morning & pack them back up every night.

Im sure the lack of inventory has nothing to do with the lack of inventory right now....

Im sure the lack of inventory has nothing to do with the lack of inventory right now....

Handguns, yes. They have zero inventory like everyone else. He said they had plenty of hunting shotguns, they just didn’t have them all on display for the reasons mentioned.

I thought after the shooting last year that Walmart stopped selling all guns from their stores? Or was that just handguns?

I honestly don't know why anyone would buy a gun from Walmart. They only ever had cheap, common stuff that would occasionally get marked down, but who wants to buy a Ruger Mini 14 for $500 when AR's are the same price?

All this applies to non ban states. Clearly a Mini 14 doesn't violate any AWB's and it doesn't look black and scawy.

I thought after the shooting last year that Walmart stopped selling all guns from their stores? Or was that just handguns?

They stopped selling pistol and “non hunting caliber” ammo. I’ve been hammering my local WM for Shotgun ammo. Just cheap target stuff for clay shooting. 12ga is getting a little more difficult to get, but 20ga has been plentiful.

And none of the WMs in the area have sold actual firearms in a long time. Maybe the Ware one does, but Hadley, Westfield, Chicopee, and Northampton dont. Can’t remember if North Adams does or not.

I honestly don't know why anyone would buy a gun from Walmart. They only ever had cheap, common stuff that would occasionally get marked down, but who wants to buy a Ruger Mini 14 for $500 when AR's are the same price?

All this applies to non ban states. Clearly a Mini 14 doesn't violate any AWB's and it doesn't look black and scawy.
I've seen plenty of henry rifles for sale in Walmart ove the years. Those are not cheap.

I thought Wal Mart stopped selling guns and ammo a long time ago? I get cases of water for work there and don’t even bother looking in the sporting goods section

Not sure what the counter jockey said because I wasn't there but my nephew is a boss at Bass Pro in Foxboro and he said nothing is coming in, period !

Not sure what the counter jockey said because I wasn't there but my nephew is a boss at Bass Pro in Foxboro and he said nothing is coming in, period !
I heard the same story Buck F heard at Bass Pro, but at Cabelas months ago.

When Cabelas first reopened after the shutdown, I bet on them having Primers since they shut down before the shortage, and I was right. I was able to grab several thousand primers.

But I noticed their gun section was pretty empty, and they told me the same thing @Buck F mentioned.

This was months ago.

They stopped selling pistol and “non hunting caliber” ammo. I’ve been hammering my local WM for Shotgun ammo. Just cheap target stuff for clay shooting. 12ga is getting a little more difficult to get, but 20ga has been plentiful.

And none of the WMs in the area have sold actual firearms in a long time. Maybe the Ware one does, but Hadley, Westfield, Chicopee, and Northampton dont. Can’t remember if North Adams does or not.
All MA Wal-Marts stopped selling firearms, too much of a hassle in this state, and to much work to keep people trained to do the NICS check, and not enough sales. Ware usually has a good amount of shotgun and "hunting" rifle ammo on hand but you won't find slugs or buck shot around shotgun deer season, they will be wiped out.

I heard a that Walmart in Gardner has moved all their ammo to the locked container out back.

Tuesday is going to be awesome. I might load an extra magazine or two or five. Those doing the same, remember load 5 rounds, tracer, load 24 rounds.

news to me, but not my department... if you're in on a Wed night, or Friday day, ask for me.. those are my typical shifts

that's my understanding... what comes in, goes to the shelves.. stuff's starting to pick up in some areas.. I'm starting to see more shelves and spaces filled, where things were empty for a while. what's nephew's name??? first name and last initial is good enough if privacy is a concern or PM.

I can see Walmart doing that though. It's not like they have someone tending that area all the time.. When I've gone to the Walmart in Oxford ME, there's rarely someone in that dept, and they sell guns, not just ammo.

I heard a that Walmart in Gardner has moved all their ammo to the locked container out back.

Tuesday is going to be awesome. I might load an extra magazine or two or five. Those doing the same, remember load 5 rounds, tracer, load 24 rounds.
You will need a boat and life best to survive the flooding from all the liberal tears.

we only had 2 walmarts selling ammo in the local area, both raynham stores. both shut it down recently. brockton, avon & fall river never sold ammo. abington used to sell, mostly shotty, i'd guess that's probably gone too

Back
Top Bottom