Walmart to stop ammo, gun sales

So now we get to wait for 30 minutes just to see if something is in stock because there is never anyone working the department with a key to the ammo cabinet the sporting goods key.
FTFY.
(It Pays to Increase Your Word Power).

But if you're in a real rush,
you can use the shortcut invented by @Coyote33 .

Oh, thwell.

If you had told me that Walmart could manage to fix it so that
in just one 24-hour period, none of the ammo boxes would be label forward
in any store in America, let alone sitting above the matching shelf UPC price sticker,
I would have called you a liar to your face.
[rolleyes]
And yet here we are...

Wife just left the WM in Chicopee and was told that WM is not selling ammo until after the election, and may not sell it again afterward. She even brought up the news story on how the decision was reversed and the GM doubled down and told her that it was “fake news”.

Not too big a deal, but it was a good source for inexpensive shotgun ammo when we needed it in a pinch.

Walpole is empty. That place really went downhill after Mike left. The greasy looking guy behind the counter now is nice enough, then there is the older curmudgeon dude with the mustache who is miserable.

Can they just hurry up and f*** right off and stop selling stuff, forever? Other dealers could use that inventory/product allocation.
Careful what you wish for. My LGS said that when WM announced they'd stop selling a lot of the ammo last year, they (LGS) got a notice from distributors that their prices were going up 40%. Apparently WM was such a bulk buyer that they were able to drive the wholesale prices down on calibers such as 9mm and .223.
I thought after the shooting last year that Walmart stopped selling all guns from their stores? Or was that just handguns?
They stopped selling handguns years ago. They stopped selling "military"/ "non-sporting" calibers like 9mm and .223 after last years shooting in Texas at their store.

Careful what you wish for. My LGS said that when WM announced they'd stop selling a lot of the ammo last year, they (LGS) got a notice from distributors that their prices were going up 40%. Apparently WM was such a bulk buyer that they were able to drive the wholesale prices down on calibers such as 9mm and .223.

I disagree I think that Walmart getting out of the ha ammo business is part of the reason why the supply actually lasted this long. If Walmart was still in play on that end you might be looking at 9 mm that's $40 a box 3 months ago..... proportional to the amount of new gun owners this whole shitshow has not developed nearly as bad as I thought it would be vs time.

I wish H&R were still around, and Walmart was still selling them. I'd have a bunch of different ones, just to try out different calibers. In fact, I wish someone would bring those guns back, and I'd gladly pay 40% more for even 20% more "refinement". They were already solid, secure, safe, accurate, but they were sometimes a little rough-edged.

Walpole is empty. That place really went downhill after Mike left. The greasy looking guy behind the counter now is nice enough, then there is the older curmudgeon dude with the mustache who is miserable.

Yep. Craig is an absolute prick. Loves to talk down on people buying anything from him.
I saw him argue with a young couple looking for airsoft pistols for 10 full minutes, because the dude called it a bb-gun/airsoft/model-name instead of how Craig calls it himself... refused to show the customer any of the pistols until the correct name was used.
Everyone else that works sports are a pleasure though.

I was in the Lunenburg Walmart yesterday and they have quite a bit of rifle and shotgun ammo. In fact they added a cabinet just for shotgun ammo. It's twice as large as their old ammo case. Of course they no longer carry pistol or "assault weapon" ammo, but their stock everything else is growing.

Yep. Craig is an absolute prick. Loves to talk down on people buying anything from him.
I saw him argue with a young couple looking for airsoft pistols for 10 full minutes, because the dude called it a bb-gun/airsoft/model-name instead of how Craig calls it himself... refused to show the customer any of the pistols until the correct name was used.
ha-ha, so true, damn, i`ve been there once, it is indeed funny. but you cannot argue the guy got some dedication. :)
as of walmart, dick`s, cabela`s - all major stores now are just too cautious, business will always balance in between - why would they want to jeopardize their situation?
i frankly stopped using any brick and mortar stores for ammo long ago - gunbroker is the best solution, plenty of good vendors there who ship to MA.

Back
Top Bottom