• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Walmart refuses to sell shotgun to a woman 'cuz it's "too much gun"

milktree

NES Member
http://www.guns.com/walmart-refuses-mossberg-930-shotgun-sale-prayse-dangler-indiana-10965.html

"Yesterday at Walmart I tried to buy a shotgun to keep at the house with me when Brad is gone. We live in the heart of downtown New Albany where there is a lot of foot traffic, and we believe that me having a reliable way to protect myself and our baby when Brad isn't here is just a responsible thing to do.

"Here's the kicker though. The man behind the counter looked at me in disbelief when I pointed out the beefy Mossberg 930 Tactical weapon that Brad had researched out for me and planned on taking me out shooting to get comfortable with. The man then proceeded to interrogate me about what I wanted it for and how it would be used. He said that I didn't hold it right and that I needed 'something else better suited to you.' He put it back in the case and firmly refused to sell it—all because I am a petite young woman!

This is unbelieveable! You mean to tell me that this woman found a Walmart with a staffed sporting goods department? Pics or it didn't happen.

the beefy Mossberg 930 Tactical weapon that Brad had researched out for me and planned on taking me out shooting to get comfortable with.

anyone else think brad just wants a 930 tactical for himself?

oldest trick in the book.

This is unbelieveable! You mean to tell me that this woman found a Walmart with a staffed sporting goods department? Pics or it didn't happen.

Finding a Walmart that actually has staffing in that department isn't impossible but finding someone who has actually owned/operated a firearm is. I have been to the firearm section of 5 Walmarts and only 1 of the "firearms guys" with experience... With a .22cal pistol.

Who cares? Go to another freaking store and buy what you want.

But no......in this day and age of LOOK AT ME doucheness, she needs to let the whole world know how badly she was "treated".

Cry me a ****ing river........

I wish I could find the demotivator that said, free thoughts and creativity are made by the devil to keep you from making dinner. ha ha

I don't see a problem with this story at all. They didn't want to sell her a shotgun. So what.

She should do what I do. Go to the local slum, and just buy it out of someone's trunk.

I found the photo of what she was trying to buy:

Assault-Forks-Rifle-Shotgun-Cutlery-Silver.jpg

Eh, go some where else. In this economy, I'm surprised to hear so many stories of people turning down business.

I am not its walmart the guy makes 8 bucks an hour and gets no commision... He doesn't give 2 Sh#ts if he sells it or not... He likely did not want to or did not know how to do the paper work

I am not its walmart the guy makes 8 bucks an hour and gets no commision... He doesn't give 2 Sh#ts if he sells it or not... He likely did not want to or did not know how to do the paper work

That might be a pretty safe bet...

I mean not to speak ill of the departed, but in the interest of this discussion, I will highlight some classics from a departed employee, (rest easy Andy). These were relayed to me by returning customers and fellow gun club members who often prefaced with: "What the hell is wrong with that guy Andy?" Here we go:

"The price on that gun is going down on Wednesday - that's when all our guns go on sale"

"The computer is down"

"We're out of 4473's"

"MIRCS is updating software and we're out of FA-10's"

"There's a better model at a cheaper price coming in on the truck Wednesday"

"That one is broken - it's due to be sent back and we're out of stock until the next truck on Wednesday"

"NICS is having phone issues - we can't call it in"

"Clearance sale on that gun Sunday"

"That gun is on hold"

"That one has been on the rack forever - new one coming in Wednesday"

"That Beretta has had some serious problems, we return them all the time"

"Mark will be here Sunday you should talk to him before you buy this - he knows all about it"

"We can't sell guns right now - we're doing ATF audit"

"Mark does all our bore sighting and he won't be here till Sunday"

I think there's more, but you get the idea. You may also notice a pattern - Andy didn't work Wednesdays or Sundays. He was also full time and in the 4 years he was there you could barely find a 4373 done by him. There may be more to the story, but Andy's gone to the big tree stand in the sky and can't defend himself... Lets just say, Andy was a character - he's missed... [cheers]

Back
Top Bottom