• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Walmart and Bloomberg

Pilgrim

NES Member
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
Someone from another forum posted this:

last week i sent an email to walmart corporate hq asking their position about the current firearms and ammo situation. below is the letter i received

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Walmart, like the rest of the country, has
been engaged in a national dialogue about the responsible sale and regulation of
firearms. We have had ongoing conversations with the Administration, Congress,
Mayor Bloomberg’s office, sportsmen groups, suppliers and others to listen and
share our thoughts and experiences.

Over the years we have been very purposeful about striking the right balance
between serving hunters and sportsmen and ensuring that we sell firearms
responsibly. In fact, we became a charter member of Mayor Bloomberg’s coalition
against illegal guns and adopted the 10-point code established by the
Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership that goes beyond what the law
requires. We have also spoken to the Vice President’s office to share our
perspective.

Recently, there have been media reports that Walmart is no longer selling
ammunition. Those reports are inaccurate. Stores that sell ammunition and
firearms are continuing to offer the same product assortment in this category.
Inventory levels of ammunition will vary from store to store and we are working
with suppliers to replenish our inventory. We are reviewing inventory levels on
a daily basis and the company is shipping ammunition to stores that do not have
the product to meet the current demand from their customers.

We take this issue very seriously and are committed staying engaged in this
discussion as the Administration and Congress work toward a consensus on the
right path forward. If you have any questions in regards to the availability of
a product please contact your local store.

Sincerely,
Walmart Customer Care

what's your take on this?

Last edited:
What did you expect?

TL;DR "We try not to sell firearms to criminals, whilst trying to please everyone so we can continue to make money"

Fine with me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Doesn't seem like they are restricting everything, but lying in bed with Bloomberg is a mistake.

Well, they comply with the rules, and it keeps them out of trouble with billionaire Mike.

I may not be thrilled with it, but they haven't sold us up the river...yet.

Well, they comply with the rules, and it keeps them out of trouble with billionaire Mike.

I may not be thrilled with it, but they haven't sold us up the river...yet.

Good point. Lets just hope they see the light and start helping the american public rather than Bloomberg.

language like 'serving hunters and sportsmen' is the part that's troubling.
they just started selling ar-style guns and looks like since those are not-readily suitable for sporting - won't be sold at trash-mart anymore.
anyhow, more business for local shops if those corp. bitches decide to side with MAIG and rest of the gun haters
i haven't bought anything in there anyways, more reasons not to in the future.

You need to watch walmart. One of the kids of sam walton is a liberal and big obama fanboy. He raised money foe obama in 08 and 12. Walmart also supported obama's healthcare plan so the could pay the small fine and dump employees onto gov't insurance. Be very wary of big business who get big money from the feds.

I'm sorry...but this = bite me "In fact, we became a charter member of Mayor Bloomberg’s coalition
against illegal guns and adopted the 10-point code established by the
Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership that goes beyond what the law
requires
."

Regardless of what Wal-Mart truly believes, they'll never write an email completely agreeing with one side or the other in fear of losing a whole customer base.

This looks like a 'neutral' response. That's expected.

Regardless of what Wal-Mart truly believes, they'll never write an email completely agreeing with one side or the other in fear of losing a whole customer base.

This looks like a 'neutral' response. That's expected.

Walmart knows one thing: make a shitload of revenue. Even if they don't make much profit on ammo, they sell alot and it brings you into the store. Maybe with the husband, wife , kids, whatever. Yeah Walmart will remain neutral. Love me some Federal bulk packs.

The only thing that Walmart can gain from cozying up to Bloomberg is permission to open stores in New York City. So far, like Boston, NYC has refused to issue permits to Walmart to build inside the city. Whether they will give up on ammunition and firearms in the rest of the country to achieve this is a corporate decision.

BTW, I don't think any of the Walton family is still with Walmart. It's totally corporate which is why they stopped selling firearms and accessories about 7 or so years back. Only when they realized that they had stopped drawing men into the stores and they were losing money did they change the policy.

Walmart is a publicly held company and as such has a responsibility to the stock holders to make money.

The only thing that Walmart can gain from cozying up to Bloomberg is permission to open stores in New York City. So far, like Boston, NYC has refused to issue permits to Walmart to build inside the city. Whether they will give up on ammunition and firearms in the rest of the country to achieve this is a corporate decision.

BTW, I don't think any of the Walton family is still with Walmart. It's totally corporate which is why they stopped selling firearms and accessories about 7 or so years back. Only when they realized that they had stopped drawing men into the stores and they were losing money did they change the policy.

Walmart is a publicly held company and as such has a responsibility to the stock holders to make money.

I mixed two of the hundreds of walton's up. The chairman of the board is S Robson Walton, his son is the big obama supporter. There is another walton on the board too. Besides the positions with the company, they (all the walton's) own billions of dollars in stock. They are the richest family in the world probably, each is a billionaire.

Wal-Mart Heir Donates To Obama PAC, Defying Rest Of Billionaire Family - Forbes

We've seen it so many times, big business can be bought off with taxpayer money. I don't think it will happen in this case but I just get wary of big business.

I mixed two of the hundreds of walton's up. The chairman of the board is S Robson Walton, his son is the big obama supporter. There is another walton on the board too. Besides the positions with the company, they (all the walton's) own billions of dollars in stock. They are the richest family in the world probably, each is a billionaire.

Wal-Mart Heir Donates To Obama PAC, Defying Rest Of Billionaire Family - Forbes

We've seen it so many times, big business can be bought off with taxpayer money. I don't think it will happen in this case but I just get wary of big business.
I think the rothschilds are worth more something like 400 billion dollars.

Back
Top Bottom