Walls of Steel 2014

This is a reminder to get your forms in by July 20th in order to get your free shirt with your entry please.

The entry forms are piling in now and at this rate we will fill the match. Saturday morning is nearly full, as is Sunday.

It's looking like we will have the best attendance so far so don't miss out. More shooters means more money we pay out!

Jim

Jim,

I put the applications for Dad & I in the mail today. I can't wait, WoS is always a fun match. [mg]

See you in August,
Matt Jr.

Last call to get your entry forms in so you can get a free shirt. I was able to get an extra week from the shirt company so you have until Monday July 28th to get the forms to me.

You will still be able to sign up for the match after that but your entry will not include a shirt.

All entries will be eligible to win one of two guns from our match sponsor "Guns and Gear" as well as other great prizes from our sponsors.

Send me an email at [email protected] to let me know your form is on the way so I can be sure to secure your spot for the 2014 Walls of Steel Match.

Jim

As of tonight all squads are filled for Saturday morning. There is still room in other time slots but if you are bringing a squad let me know first so I can make sure I can fit you all together. The other time slots are filling up too.

Remember, the time has passed for your free shirt but you can still sign up for the match.

Jim

I just wanted to say thanks to Jim and all the great folks at Wallum Lake that put this match together. I brought my son up to the club this afternoon to shoot and everyone there was TERRIFIC! As has been the case with each year the match has run, it just keeps getting better and better and better. There was more steel today than I think they have ever had. I know we went through a LOT of ammo, and my son had an AWESOME time. Everyone at Wallum works hard to make this a memorable event. I would like to make one suggestion. I think they should take the steel and put it inside when it's not being used. Obviously, when it sits out in the rain during the year it tends to shrink when it dries and it keeps getting harder and harder to hit... :)

"Walls of Steel" continues to be one of the best and biggest matches of the year in this area. My sincere thanks go out to all the sponsors that lend their names to this great event and make it all possible.

- Cuz.

I agree, this is my third year for walls of steel and one of the matches I look forward to the most. such a great time and a well run event. thanks to all involved, I am going to shoot a thank you email to the sponsors later today.

I agree, this is my third year for walls of steel and one of the matches I look forward to the most. such a great time and a well run event. thanks to all involved, I am going to shoot a thank you email to the sponsors later today.

I also agree with the previous posts.
Great match, great stages and great people.
Thanks Jim and all of the RO's for another weekend of fun shooting steel.

Without the RO's , sponsors and Jim this match couldn't have happened . I want to say thanks to all that help the weekend run smoothly . I enjoy the seeing everyone. I wish you had more per year . I understand the time consuming behind the scenes stuff. Perhaps a micro mini walls who knows. I just appreciate you folks putting on this event and sure I speak for a bunch of people saying that .

put a few stages up, didn't shoot great but I am ok with it being how I have gotten zero practice this year.

Hey, I shot with you folks Saturday morning! I had a great time and as a revolver shooter it was cool to get the opportunity to talk with some of the S&W staff. Hope to see you folks out again next year.

Jim, thanks for all the hard work putting this match on. This was my first summer shooting at Wallum Lake and my first Walls and it was a blast.

George, John, Melissa, Ed, Ken, Manny, Troy, Cody, Jim, John, and all the others I know I missed thanks for your time and effort.

Last edited:
The preliminary results have just been posted for the main match. I'll have the side match results posted soon and after I get everything else squared away I'll post the final results.

Thank you everyone for continuing to make this a great match.

Jim

I had a great time and really liked the improvements to that area of the club.

Awesome work from all the ROs and organizers!

Another kudos to Jim and the gang for putting on another great WoS event.
Everything worked great this year (wish I did !) and I can't think of anything lacking.

Well done, looking forward to next year [smile]

The final results for the main match with payouts has just been posted for those of you interested.

This year's match was the best by far, in my opinion anyway, and we were able to payout just under $6,000 in prize money. Congratulations to all of our winners, raffle winners too.

http://www.wallsofsteel.com/results.html

Jim

Back
Top Bottom