• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Walls of Steel 2012

Well - 13th in stock auto is not bad. About where I have been most years.

First time shooting open auto - was 17th. I think I can improve on that next year.

Great match as always - thanks Jim.

Hmm. Something they did to the Walls of Steel website is crashing Chrome. Firefox and Internet Exploder are OK, but Chrome locks up instantly. Odd.

Hey, just a shout out for one of the sponsors - Guns & Gear Outlet had a 10% off coupon in the schwag bag that we got, so I figured I'd give them a try - wanted to buy some more magazines. Well, the coupon code didn't work, and I couldn't get anyone on the phone for the number listed for the online store, so I called the brick & mortar store. Seems that the proprietors' father just passed away, and he was busy dealing with that all week.

Y'know, when you hear something like that, your not being able to get a discount suddenly seems very unimportant, and my reaction was to say not to worry about it, there was still two weeks or more left on the coupon, and I'd try in another week. Apparently, that's NOT what Jesse of Guns & Gear Outlet feels - I had an email from him in less than two hours explaining that he'd made a typo when entering the code, and would I try it again? Needless to say, it did work this time, and I'm looking forward to getting a bunch of new mags for my guns.

That's great customer service... and the fact that many of his prices are comparable to Midway (yet he's a local company) just adds icing to the cake. I'm definitely bookmarking his website for when I need gun stuff in the future.

Hey Cuz, You taking Jake's prize money again to pay for ammo?[pot]
Dave

What??? Have you guys been talking? That's the first question he asked me. This year he will get to keep all his prize money! He did great in the shoot, even won cash in the .22 side match.

Are you guys shooting steel at Wallum tomorrow morning?

-Cuz.

What??? Have you guys been talking? That's the first question he asked me. This year he will get to keep all his prize money! He did great in the shoot, even won cash in the .22 side match.

Are you guys shooting steel at Wallum tomorrow morning?

-Cuz.

Planning on it Got new toy to play with

That's great customer service... and the fact that many of his prices are comparable to Midway (yet he's a local company) just adds icing to the cake. I'm definitely bookmarking his website for when I need gun stuff in the future.

I appreciate your understanding re: the coupon error and am happy that we were able to correct our mistake and your subsequent order went through smoothly.

Due to our error when entering the coupon, we are extending the Walls Of Steel 2012 10% discount on a customer's 1st online order through the end of September (ie. adding 2 weeks to the coupon). We hope that in part makes up for any inconvenience anyone had in placing an order.

We were excited to sponsor the match and we had a great time shooting it (I think I even made some $$$ though I don't quite understand how - someone will have to explain "Lewis" rules to me someday).

Thank you for your kind words about the site. Our 1st month has been a whirlwind and we look forward to increasing our inventory once we get a couple more distribution channels on board.

Jesse
Webmaster, GunsAndGearOutlet.com

Thank you for your kind words about the site. Our 1st month has been a whirlwind and we look forward to increasing our inventory once we get a couple more distribution channels on board.

Jesse
Webmaster, GunsAndGearOutlet.com

I'm hoping you'll be carrying Ruger mags soon - I need to grab a couple for my SR9c.

This match has always been one of my favorite of the season and the folks that run it are top notch. If I really HAD to find something on the other side to say about it, it would be that the results took a while to get out.

WELL NOT THIS YEAR! Results were speedy and the winnings were promptly distributed. So, unless Jim and the guys can control the weather next year, I can't see any room for improvement. [thumbsup]

Back
Top Bottom