• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Walls of Steel 2012

This years Walls of Steel match will be held August 17, 18 & 19.

The entry form for this year is now up at www.wallsofsteel.com , if I did it correctly.

I plan on having some new stages this year which should excite all you slider stage lovers as well as a few other stages just to mix things up. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag too soon but you won't be disappointed.

This will be our sixth annual match and it can't happen without all of you and I can't thank you all enough!

As usual please contact me with any questions, concerns or suggestions.

The best way to contact me would be at [email protected]

The Mini WOS match, which I have been told many times I should change the name because it isn't so "Mini" anymore, will be on September 30th this year. I try to have it on a fifth Sunday so as not to interfere with anyone elses match. This year the best date I can see is September 30.

Hope to see all of the familiar faces as well as some new ones.

Thanks.

Jim

This years Walls of Steel match will be held August 17, 18 & 19.

I don't want to let the cat out of the bag too soon but you won't be disappointed.

The Mini WOS match, which I have been told many times I should change the name because it isn't so "Mini" anymore, will be on September 30th this year.

Hope to see all of the familiar faces as well as some new ones.

Thanks.

Jim

Looking forward to this Jim, I have never been disappointed yet except with my shooting [laugh]

See you there

Gary

Were the winners of the guns ever posted from last year?

I'm actually still trying to get Colt to come through with the guns. The person I am working with was out of work due to an injury and is still trying to get approval but says because it has been so long he is having problems. I'm still pushing though and as soon as I get word I will let you know.

Jim

That blows that I won't be able to attend because I'm working NER that same weekend.

We really need a longer season up here in New England... I hope global warming... or whatever they call it now, extends our season going forward!

Just got off the phone with Judith from Guns & Gear and they have generously agreed to be the match sponsor this year by donating two guns.

We are very excited to have them as our match sponsor for this years match.

Jim

That's awesome. Manufacturers seem to do less and less of this these days. For a gun shop to do that is pretty cool.

Awesome!

Two whom I have seen regularly at the matches since the first one I ever shot years ago. They love the shooting sports and their support of this match re-affirms it.

And I bet the winners will receive their prizes quickly too!

Jim - thanks for the e-mail confirmation for my slots. I am looking forward to another year at your match. I hope you haven't been practicing! [wink]

I am thinking about attending for the first time, but I have a question. Say I wanted to shoot stock auto, would I be shooting one out the three days or all three days?

Friday morning too? I had planned to shoot both and then procrastinated on actually signing up. If both are open, I'll put it in the mail tomorrow.

Just a reminder to get your entry forms in before July 29 so you can get a free shirt. Have to order them on the 30th in order to get them in time for the match. You can still sign up after that day but will probably not be able to get you a shirt.

Friday morning is pretty much filled up. Can squeeze a few more shooters in. The rest of the time slots have room for anyone interested.

Jim

Update:

Sig Sauer Academy is donating a Mosquito .22 caliber for the sidematch this year. All shooters who use the Mosquito in the side match will be eligible to "WIN IT". How cool is that! Each time you shoot their gun in the sidematch your name will go into the pot for the drawing, so the more times you shoot it the better the chance you have to win it.

As always, we will provide a gun and ammo if you want to try the .22 sidematch as well as the shotgun sidematch if you don't have your own. This will be in addition to the Mosquito.

Jim

Awesome, that is good news. I can't wait for this years match. I am breaking out and blowing the dust off the Revo for sure. Of course, I'll stop short of actually cleaning it...

-Cuz.

Back
Top Bottom