• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Walkie Talkie recommendations.

J.A.C

NES Member
What do people recommend for a good set of walkie talkies?

Looking for them to reach 2 - 3 miles.
Not sure what is a good set or what price range gets you a quality set.

thanks

Duel band Baofeng UV5R are my go to radios.

3800 mah batteries avalable ( if not included on some purchases) if you want long operating times.
AA battery packs available for use with alkaline batteries.
Cig lighter adapters available for mobile use.
UHF and VHF, both broadband.
Compatible with several speaker mic offerings
Fast chargers
Good pricing.

3800 mah batteries avalable ( if not included on some purchases) if you want long operating times.
Fast chargers
Good pricing.
Amazon product ASIN B00CXNRE3IView: https://www.amazon.com/UV-5R-Plus-Qualette-Jungle-Camouflage/dp/B00CXNRE3I/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=beafeng+uv5r+plus&qid=1598378324&sprefix=beafeng+uv5r&sr=8-3

Have you compared them to the "pluss" version?
May give these a try. Just wondering if I'm missing something, the pluss is cheaper but (I think) is better.......

I have the Uv-82's and they work beyond what I was thinking of for a 40.00 dollar radio, really happy I got a bunch of them. Another guy in town who is like minded is setting up a pair as a repeater and now we can cover about 85% of my town with a crear signal.

I have the Uv-82's and they work beyond what I was thinking of for a 40.00 dollar radio, really happy I got a bunch of them. Another guy in town who is like minded is setting up a pair as a repeater and now we can cover about 85% of my town with a crear signal.

I've got some UV82s also.
My only complaint about them is the PTT switch. A complete and utter tactical and engineering failure.

Depending on distance, ham radios have more advantages, but need a ham license for legal operation

Again another reason that the Uv-82 is not a bad radio for the money, you can do high band, 400 and Ham Freqs. For 40.00 dollars how do go wrong. You can program the Murs and the family channels and use those for talk around if need be.

Again another reason that the Uv-82 is not a bad radio for the money, you can do high band, 400 and Ham Freqs. For 40.00 dollars how do go wrong. You can program the Murs and the family channels and use those for talk around if need be.
Indeed, just making the point to be known of illegal use on ham bands without a license.

Fast chargers
Good pricing.
agree with Uzi on this!

Those programming features ( frequency ranges ) are pretty standard among the gamut of the Chinese portables, ( at least the older versions with no program blocking)
Many of them use the same microprocessor chip, hence the radiowide and individual channel menues and parameters are almost identical

Back
Top Bottom