• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

wal-mart sucks

IMHO, if anyone buys anything from "Walmart" they have no backbone, and no principles. My opinion is my own, but it's clear, crisp, and simple enough to understand...(unlike Obama) isn't it?

Show me some place I can buy 22lr for under $13.50/550 rnds and I'll stop buying from there; and is convenient.

What LoginName said. Also, the MA ammo sales license is a very different beast than a MA firearms dealer license. MA dealers need the trifecta (FFL, MA dealer license, & MA ammo license) to effectively run a gun shop. But Walmart can sell just ammo without the FFL or the MA dealer license. All they need is the MA ammo license.
The store manager also needs to have at least an FID, according to the Hudson, MA Walmart manager. We had a nice chat about it once. She mentioned that she had just renewed.

Yes, and behind it all are the sleazy little lawmakers who come up with these things in the first place. They count on things like this to make it more difficult. After all, its only for "safety" and in the "best interest of the kiddies".
Horsehockey. The laws are to try and disarm the public. They are in no way there for "safety". They're back-door gun control laws, plain and simple.

IMHO, if anyone buys anything from "Walmart" they have no backbone, and no principles. My opinion is my own, but it's clear, crisp, and simple enough to understand...(unlike Obama) isn't it?
Really? Guess you don't shoot very much. I use a fair bit of .22, AND my rifles like the Federal bulk pack. Please tell me where can get the same ammo for a similar price that won't break my wallet in the process and I'll consider changing my shopping habits.

The store manager also needs to have at least an FID, according to the Hudson, MA Walmart manager. We had a nice chat about it once. She mentioned that she had just renewed.

If they tried to prosecute somebody for possession of ammo without an FID at the location of their business which has a license to sell ammo it would, I'd hope, be laughed out of court. A license to sell has to, inherently, give the licensee a right to possess. Your local PD could, however, make an FID a prerequisite to issuing a license to sell ammo if they so wished, as the law is worded "may issue" not "shall issue". It does also seem to me from the text of the law that your employees would have to be named on the license as well. But I'm guessing that's not the way it actually works.

I've bought ammo at the Seabrook store had to show my LTC ,but every once in a while I go to Hooksett and buy ammo at Wallyworld haven't been asked yet. Same for the Walmart in Cook's Corner in Me when I go to visit relatives there.

update on wal-mart boycott: i havent bought something in wal mart since i posted this let alone been with in a half a mile of wal-shithole. went in to my local gun shop today and orderd some UMC 303brit and two 100 packs of 22 and some targets.. i havent felt that good in a long time.

Last edited:
I won't be buying any more ammo there, until the case I bought last week runs out.[grin]

Respectfully,

jkelly

When money is tight and you are responsible for someone(s) you do what you have to do. Nobody has any business criticising them/me for their/my actions in doing so unless those actions cross the line of legality. By all means, choose not to shop there youself, just don't sneer at that those that still do.

Selective shopping at WalMart helps me take care of my family at a time when prices for everything are out of control.

btw, I DO agree that wallmart's cs blows chunks, their regard for employment law and ethics is nonexistant and their treatment of suppliers isn't any better. Their effect on nearby businesses is poisonous and even the traffic patterns they cause make life just that much more unpleasant.

Find me a $26 bicycle for my boy at the local Schwinn dealer and I'll buy it there. But you cant.

When money is tight and you are responsible for someone(s) you do what you have to do. Nobody has any business criticising them/me for their/my actions in doing so unless those actions cross the line of legality. By all means, choose not to shop there youself, just don't sneer at that those that still do.

Selective shopping at WalMart helps me take care of my family at a time when prices for everything are out of control.

btw, I DO agree that wallmart's cs blows chunks, their regard for employment law and ethics is nonexistant and their treatment of suppliers isn't any better. Their effect on nearby businesses is poisonous and even the traffic patterns they cause make life just that much more unpleasant.

Find me a $26 bicycle for my boy at the local Schwinn dealer and I'll buy it there. But you cant.

Too bad you didn't know that Schwinn basically went out of the bicycle business about 25 years ago.

If you think that a $26 bicycle, which has not been properly assembled, is safe for your son, then you had made some serious mistakes.

I should also point out that I rarely see bicycles for $26. I often see kid bikes for $75. I have seen them for $200 or $300. Walmart raises the prices up and down in LARGE LARGE increments. When you purchase a bicycle such as an adult hybrid from them, watch out. You probably can get a Fuji or such from your Local bike shop for the same money.

Plus, it will not split in half.

Did you know that Walmart has some of largest problem lawsuits in the bicycling sector?

Parents are pretty dumb when they buy something that is going to cause their kids to suffer brain injury.

bill

Too bad you didn't know that Schwinn basically went out of the bicycle business about 25 years ago.

If you think that a $26 bicycle, which has not been properly assembled, is safe for your son, then you had made some serious mistakes.

I should also point out that I rarely see bicycles for $26. I often see kid bikes for $75. I have seen them for $200 or $300. Walmart raises the prices up and down in LARGE LARGE increments. When you purchase a bicycle such as an adult hybrid from them, watch out. You probably can get a Fuji or such from your Local bike shop for the same money.

Plus, it will not split in half.

Did you know that Walmart has some of largest problem lawsuits in the bicycling sector?

Parents are pretty dumb when they buy something that is going to cause their kids to suffer brain injury.

bill

Well, then I'm an idiot and slap happy to be one.

I could just swear I paid $26 for a bicycle, which turned out to be properly assembled, gave him either 2 or 3 years of fun, then went on to give some other kid some enjoyment. I guess I must have been wrong.

Nope, didn't know about Schwinn either. My interest in bicycling passed decades ago. I'm also not really current on authors of what passes for science fiction these days. I know Heinlein died, the old perv! (I mean that in a nice way)

We're talking about a toy, not a precision laboratory instrument. Yes, it should be safe to use, and in fact, it was. It should also be affordable.

You know the old saying: Buyer beware! (I'll bet he tries to quote it in Latin, cuz he's smart)

It doesn't say: Buyer, you aren't smart enough to look after yourself so I'll place so many restrictions, laws and regulations on manufacturing, retailing and employment that small businesses will be unable to compete in our economy and be replaced with giant megastores that will sell you crap that you aren't smart enough to choose from.

That right, Doc. YOU and people LIKE you are the REASON we're stuck having to shop at shitholes like WalMart. Shame on you.

Back
Top Bottom