Wal-Mart bonehead

Where is this mystical Wal-Mart with hot cashiers?

Can I ride my unicorn there?

Will they accept magic beans as payment?

for the record the OP never confirmed or denied the cashier was hot... honestly, I have never seen a hot WM cashier, but some of the cashiers at target near me are OK [wink]

I got fed up with Walmart Not having the ammo I was looking for.
Their crappy policies ,the clueless pox faced teen behind the register all high & mighty with a $8.75 hourly wage.
I prefer spending $2-$3 more to support my local gun shop.I avoid the cluster f**k that is WW & They always have what I need.
You can get advise/small talk from a full time professional and support a local small business.
I'll admit I'm a CHEAP guy,but I find plenty of ways to save a couple extra bucks to avoid WM's ammo headache.

Sorry but give the teen a break for Gods sake, I'd bet at one time you were a clueless pox face teen too. At least they have a job and we're not supporting them on welfare or unemployment. Lets face it there are all kinds of people in this world and we all can't be MIT grads. Take it for what it is, you're going to WM for ammo, not a night out on the town at a 5 star restaurant. Most of the sheep don't realize that people actually target shoot, when they think guns all they think of is all the bad crap the media brain washes them with.

Where is this mystical Wal-Mart with hot cashiers?

Well Lunenburg has ONE that I knew of..

It was late one night my buddy and I left to get ammo (this was 9+months ago) we picked up i think 2 250 WWB boxes 9 and 45 maybe more... The regular guy was not there so the "manager" said he would carry them to the front counter as he could not sell them.

As he's walking down the register lane he is saying in a fairly loud voice, I got bullets bullets coming etc etc using bullet about every 3rd word... My buddy and I were kinda of ughhhhh OK... whatever floats this guys boat..

The girl behind the counter who was I'm just gonna say over 18(not sure how much) was Oh I love bullets, what are you guys shooting, when are you shooting, I have a sig 220, AR-15, ETC ETC My dad owns a gun shop in NH, its to bad you live in Mass etc etc...

Oh ya she was hot, woman with guns usually get a +1 for being a gun woman.

She however got a +1 for being cute, +1 for owning guns, +1 for having some knowledge of Mass law, +1 for dad owning a gunshop.... Never scene her there since:(

But yup they do exist even though once in a blue moon they let them out...

Sorry but give the teen a break for Gods sake, I'd bet at one time you were a clueless pox face teen too..

nope never poxfaced,cluless is Debatable

At least they have a job and we're not supporting them on welfare or unemployment..

There was a time not to long ago when teens were expected to have a summer job,paper route,afterschool job.A time when some hardworking yet poor Americans were to proud for hand outs (welfare).Unemployment was short term transitional assistance,not a career or family business.

Lets face it there are all kinds of people in this world and we all can't be MIT grads. Take it for what it is, you're going to WM for ammo, not a night out on the town at a 5 star restaurant. Most of the sheep don't realize that people actually target shoot, when they think guns all they think of is all the bad crap the media brain washes them with.
Do you sell ammo @ Walmart?

Last edited:
There was a time not to long ago when teens were expected to have a summer job,paper route,afterschool job.A time when some hardworking yet poor Americans were to proud for hand outs (welfare).Unemployment was short term transitional assistance,not a career or family business.

Yes and there was a time when adults acted like adults and didn't criticize someone for having a job whether it be a janitor or a surgeon.

Do you sell ammo @ Walmart?

Sorry I don't, I've owned a business for 24 years...But if I did does that make me less a man than you?? Again, don't degrade someone who works. [slap]

Don't you think you might have gotten further if you had a conversation with the clerk and given her some education rather making yourself and gun owners sound like a bunch of jackasses?
Huzzah!!! Say that again, and say it louder; I don't think some of the keyboard commandos here got it the first time.

I usually try to find out if the person shoots, and if so... that's when I try to get them to come to an Appleseed, or even - GASP! - tell them about NortheastShooters. Maybe I ought to stop that particular habit as I'm sure that if someone came on here and said "Yeah, I'm a clerk at Walmart" he (or she) would get such a warm, caring welcome. [rolleyes]

Heck, one time I even found someone who was looking for a club to join and I pointed them at Riverside (before I got so disillusioned with them).

I think that question has to do with the ID shown. If you answer 'pistol' and show them an FID. I don't think they'll sell it to you.
Actually, I think that the question is "Is this ammo for a pistol?" as they can't legally sell pistol ammo to anyone under 21.

And yes, they get trained to ask that BECAUSE THEY'LL GET FIRED IF THEY DON'T. Woman I talked to once told me that they'd just had a training class recently where they (Walmart) emphasized that they had to follow the prompts EXACTLY. ('Course, this was a problem because the idiots who programmed it had the register say "ask for FID, and the brain-dead bimbo there would NOT accept an LTC in place of an FID... and you can bet that I had a long talk with her manager over THAT stupidity!)

My response to her: STFU and do your mindless minimum wage job, bitch.
Jose, there are times when I agree completely with what you say... and then there's now. I hope that response was for the person who made the poor joke about robbing a bank... and even then, I don't profanity would be called for.

Yes and there was a time when adults acted like adults and didn't criticize someone for having a job whether it be a janitor or a surgeon.]
or a politician [laugh]

Sorry I don't, I've owned a business for 24 years...But if I did does that make me less a man than you?? Again, don't degrade someone who works. [slap]
Probally
I would never degrade anyone gainfully employed, with the exception of the majority of th WM sales associates who are highly inept.[grin]

Jose, there are times when I agree completely with what you say... and then there's now. I hope that response was for the person who made the poor joke about robbing a bank....
Yes, it is. I would never chastise or make fun of a honest working man or woman unless they insulted me first.

and even then, I don't profanity would be called for.
I'll have to confess at church that I suck at turning the other cheek.

I'll have to confess at church that I suck at turning the other cheek.
Try to remember the words of the Master:

Your enemy is never a villain in his own eyes. Keep this in mind; it may offer a way to make him your friend. If not, you can kill him without hate--and quickly.
ALWAYS be looking for a way to turn an anti into a gun person... the only way that we can keep stupid gun laws from getting passed is to make sure that there are far more pro-gun than anti-gun persons out there.

And of course, I'm quoting Robert A. Heinlein.

dumb clerk

The only real issue I've had with Walmart was a few years back when the young kid behind the counter told as he was ringing up some 9mm for me that:
1. It was okay to load .40 rounds into a 9mm pistol.
2. That's what his instructor in the Marines told him to do.
3. He shot a Glock in the Marines.

I didn't know whether to slap him or laugh, so I just told him it was a good way to get killed an moved on. I didn't think about speaking to a manager until later. If it happened now I probably would.

I would have nicely explained to the cashier what the bullets are being used for because yelling at her would just make her think gun owners are a-holes, and maybe she'd learn something if I nicely explained to her they're for target shooting, etc.

Then I'd go rip the manager a new a-hole!

And, if the cashier was hot, I'd ask her if she'd like to join me on the range sometime! [wink]

oh STFU, you are practically married, hombre!

after i'd mentioned the price and availability of ammo he told me about the places he could go and get "two or three" guns and how i could just sell the ammo to someone and turn a profit. i told him to just stop talking to me unless he wanted to discuss all what he just said with the police.

total W-T-F. blew my mind.

I heard something similar from a Worcester cop one time. I had an FFL then, working from my home. The ATF came to visit one day to inspect, and to offer me an opportunity to give up my license because I wasn't zoned for business.

The pimply faced ATF kid brought a Worcester cop with him. Big goober with an outsized mustache.

The cop was fondling my Tec-9 and said something like, "Heh, you could sure make a few bucks selling THIS down the street".

The term that comes to mind is ... douchenozzle.

It's amazing what comes out of some peoples mouths. I was at a friends party a few weeks ago and ended up talking guns and AR15s in particular to a couple of the guys there, when one of them tells me "You know, I could get you a select fire AR..." I told him I would forget what he just said and that he shouldn't ever mention that to anyone else ever again.

I knew the guy for 5 minutes! I must seem really trustworthy.

A coworker of mine said he could get me the Glock that you can bring through the airport metal detectors. He went on to say his friend has one. Then he said his buddy is an arms dealer, and if I give him my AK47 he can make it full auto.

I'm really not sure what the hell is wrong with people[hmmm]

Wow, you guys have some sucky Wal-Marts in your towns. I was in my local Wally World today and it was like social hour around the ammo counter, with customers and employees having a great time talking about ammo and how much Obama sucks.

Then I hit the McDonalds in the WalMart for a quick burger on my way out the door, and there was a family of four enjoying their lunch with half of dad's holster sticking out from under his shirt.

In colorado two weeks ago I am purchasing 22 long shot shells. The cashier asks me if it is handgun ammo. I say no. Dont think she would know if it was for a handgun or not anyways. Wierd....

Down here in Florida, it is even funnier. They have to ask some stupid questions, and if they don't ask them, they have to give you a 2L Coca Cola bottle. Nonetheless, if they ask you a question about rob a bank, most probably it will be the last question they ask to a customer.

The Wal-Mart cashier was definitely not hot.

She was a rather plain looking woman on the back side of middle aged.

On the rifle or pistol 'question'.... her 'guidance' was not a question but a definitive statement....

"You know this is rifle ammunition (Mini-Mag 22LR), you can't use it in a pistol."

My wife didn't appreciate the presumption that she was ignorant of what she was buying, and this was just further evidence of what the clerk didn't understand about firearms and ammo.

To eliminate any confusion I may have caused, the chat my wife had with her was not at the top of her lungs. I may have caused confusion by saying my wife 'lit into her', but I agree that screaming at someone doesn't accomplish much.

My wife expressed her displeasure and objection to the question, the tone, and the lack of factual accuracy (obviously Mini-Mags work just fine in any 22LR pistol.

I trust my wife's instincts to be able to judge pretty quickly who will benefit from a rational dialog aimed at educating, and who will just ignore or not comprehend whatever they hear. There isn't enough time in life, to attempt re-education of everyone. You have to prioritize.

Last edited:
The girl I buy ammo from at Wally's is great. I come in and she see's me, she's like your SOL...or she'll tell me which calibers they've got in. So I guess I'm lucky. In fact, if I don't buy every box they have in stock at the moment...she'll be like "are you sure? The rest of these boxes willl be gone today"

But really, I wouldn't expect any WM employee to know their ass from their elbow....and if they made a comment like that I'd probably just walk away, cause if i really told her what I feel about a comment like that....it wouldn't be good. Your wife probably was able to have a rational conversation and educate the idiot, and I applaud her for that. I don't have that much patience for someone who calls me a criminal.........

In any event, I do try to buy from the gun stores if I don't feel the price isn't out of reason.....lately though, the ones I've gone to are. 30 bucks a box of 50.....9mm FMJ is rediculous. The guy I usually deal with is getting stuff in at reasonable prices now though....things are losening up I think....

Last edited:
Don't you think you might have gotten further if you had a conversation with the clerk and given her some education rather making yourself and gun owners sound like a bunch of jackasses? I mean come on, telling off the WM clerk isn't going to do squat but annoy a sheep, you want to maybe do something, talk to the manager or call corporate. Please don't make all us gun owners look like deusche nozzles because you have to get on your high horse because the non gun educated WM clerk doesn't know the answer to the registers questions or is attempting to make small talk because they are afraid of guns (probably due to lack of education) and what ELSE guns can be used for other than robbing banks (since remember, thats all the hear about guns for on the news - cops n' robbers).

You can't educate someone who thinks you're going to rob a bank just because you bought "hollowpoints". [rolleyes] Thats like asking to make sure I won't go breaking the speed limits if I buy a corvette. If you look at the OP it has nothing to do with the cash register question.

The last time I bought a 12 pack of Magnums, the cashier asked if I had a big gun. [shocked] I said "Well Obviously, maybe I can let you use it some time." She gave me her number right away.

Back in '97 I brought my S&W 686 with me from Germany.
After it underwent a nice tune-up in Springfield I felt the need
to sight it in.
I headed to a Wally World which I won't mention and asked the older
Gentleman in the sporting goods dept. for .357 ammo.
All they had were Federal JHP (which were illegal in Germany at that time)
and I've asked him for 2 boxes.
To close the sale he asked me for my DL. I answered that he likely could't make use of my German DL, so I produced a copy of ATF's faxed permit which
allowed me to import the gun for "factory repair".
He then asked me from where in Germany I was and we found out, that he had been based nearby back in the day and we had a nice chat.
I happily walked away with the ammo and headed to a range nearby to sight it in.

Funny, I had moved the gun through 6 airports and was required to show it twice - to employees of Continental in ORD and Lufthansa in BOS; not once to any offficial.
The lady from Customs at ORD (first point of disembarkation in the U.S.) just
looked at the faxed copy from ATF and wished me a nice stay[smile]

In colorado two weeks ago I am purchasing 22 long shot shells. The cashier asks me if it is handgun ammo. I say no. Dont think she would know if it was for a handgun or not anyways. Wierd....

They all ask that question...it's standard procedure.

My standard procedure when buying 9mm, 40, and 45 ammo is to say "no"
and when buying 243 or 30-06 Rifle ammo I sometimes say "yes" and when I do they always say OK. One time I told one kid I couldn't wait to go to the range with my 30-06 handgun.....he said that must be pretty powerful.
[rofl]

Back
Top Bottom