Wal Mart ammo

Swift River Rob

NES Member
Stopped in Walpole, plenty of bulk ammo. The clerk said as far as he knows, Wally World is staying in the ammo and gun business.

I haven't purchased ammo at my local walmart for years now. I asked the guy who runs the gun/fishing section if he had any 303 britt ammo he snapped on me and told me its military ammo and he won't stock military calibers. I looked behind the counter and he had 7,62x39 ammo so whats that? I should of complained about the guy but he was old and crabby. I was on vacation in Wells,Maine soon after and at the walmart there i purchased 303 britt remington ammo. I just bought the rifle and i wanted a few boxes of ammo for it.

BTW; I did email walmart head quarters about offering the cheaper imported ammo too but i never seen any have you guys?

Around here (Western Mass) this is what the Wal-Marts are doing:

Chicopee - According to several clerks they (this store, about one year old) lost their license to sell ammo and will not be able to get it back.

Springfield - No ammo.

Hadley - Spotty ammo selection, hard to find a clerk in that area.

Westfield - Good (for Walmart) ammo selection. They did post a sign that as of 3-9-06 they would no longer sell firearms. But according to the clerk he thinks they are going to continue selling ammo.

I have heard that this is a nation wide effort from Walmart. They are going to be removing firearms and ammo from some of their markets. Markets that do well with firearms and ammo, they will be keeping them in stock.

Adam

Last time I was in my local Wally World, they still had ammo. No guns other than paintball guns, though.

And while chatting with a gun shop owner yesterday, he told me that Winchester White Box is going to have a price increase on April 1 and another later in the year - and that that's to the dealers. My comment was the same as SR's - time to get the press set up and start reloading. [rolleyes] (Thank you, Derek, for my smiley!!!)

I buy all my target ammo at either the Salem or Plaistow N.H. locations. Salem is still selling rifles and shotguns but not in Plaistow. I love those value packs!

Jeesh..maybe we should all get together and threaten a class action suit like the women did over Wallmart not carrying the morning after pill. The end result without any real action was Wally World was forced to carry the pills.........

Hamar said:
Jeesh..maybe we should all get together and threaten a class action suit like the women did over Wallmart not carrying the morning after pill. The end result without any real action was Wally World was forced to carry the pills.........
thumbup.gif

No, the end result would be Wal-Mart discontinuing ammo at ALL of there stores.

They are frequently one of our best helpers in the ammo business. People can't find it there, come to us, see our prices on common calibers, and we have a new customer.

Besides, I like buying 22 LR ammo from them. Cheaper than my cost BEFORE shipping.

In both Seabrook and Plaistow NH Walmarts, there's enough ammo to start WWIII. Pistol ammo in every caliber. Mostly Winchester white box. Rifles and shotguns too, and knowledgeable people behind the counters. Too many hunters and sportsmen up here. Most of the time I buy M&M reloads at Stateline Guns and Archery in Plaistow. Super cheap.

Buffalo Bill said:
In both Seabrook and Plaistow NH Walmarts, there's enough ammo to start WWIII. Pistol ammo in every caliber. Mostly Winchester white box. Rifles and shotguns too, and knowledgeable people behind the counters. Too many hunters and sportsmen up here. Most of the time I buy M&M reloads at Stateline Guns and Archery in Plaistow. Super cheap.

I noticed that too Bill. And I just picked up a number of .38 M&M's from Stateline. Not bad and the price is right.

M&M reloads are excellent. I look forward to each of the gun shows so I can chat with the guy who runs it, and get an awesome price on some ammo.

Adam

Back
Top Bottom