• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wal-mart ammo nearly 50% off.

Just went to the Danvers Walmart. No 223 to speak of.
BUT I did clean them out of the (4) 250 round packs of Rem UMC 38 spl at $35 each and 18 40 round boxes of Tula x39 at $5 each.
The 38s are for my buddy as I reload that caliber.
They are definitely restocking as this was not here the last time. I asked 2 employees if there’s more out back and they said no this is all they have....doubt it

I’m usually a golden tiger fanboy but at $.13 per round it’s a no brainer. I don’t think my AK-47 or SKS will know the difference
I usually avoid any type of store like the plague around this time of the year, but this may drag me out of the house. I kind of assumed they had what they had and once it was gone that was it.

I usually avoid any type of store like the plague around this time of the year, but this may drag me out of the house. I kind of assumed they had what they had and once it was gone that was it.
It was a shit show to park and it was crowded but I paid for the ammo at the electronics department so I didn’t have to wait in line. It was definitely worth it but the only thing remaining is 40 cal...sorry
I took this photo before I bought all the 38 special
A69E5D14-A9AC-4B44-A436-E57C674ED267.jpeg

Last edited:
Do I really want to spend tonight and Xmas eve morning bouncing around to various Walmarts hoping there's something left in the case?

no.gif

I shouldve made time earlier in the month rather than just stopping by when it was convenient. Oh well...

eta- seems like a 40 is good to have on hand when theres something screwy going on with ammo. Iirc, back during the various panics it was always sitting on the shelf along with 17hmr.

Do I really want to spend tonight and Xmas eve morning bouncing around to various Walmarts hoping there's something left in the case?

View attachment 319934

I shouldve made time earlier in the month rather than just stopping by when it was convenient. Oh well...

eta- seems like a 40 is good to have on hand when theres something screwy going on with ammo. Iirc, back during the various panics it was always sitting on the shelf along with 17hmr.
[laugh] Yeah I don’t blame ya.

I’m done going to the NH Walmart’s. I may or may not check Danvers again from now until 12/29....

And yeah 40 never seems to disappear.

Well I have 3 .40S&W handguns listed for sale in MA before my grand exit to NH! Check the WTS Handguns.

You are correct that it isn't as popular so more likely to be available in a crisis (e.g. if a Dumbocrat wins the Oval Office)!

Oxford has .25 Auto, and the rest is shotgun and rifle. In rifle, they have 30-06 and 6.5 Creedmore, for those who use that.

Just went to the Danvers Walmart. No 223 to speak of.
BUT I did clean them out of the (4) 250 round packs of Rem UMC 38 spl at $35 each and 18 40 round boxes of Tula x39 at $5 each.
The 38s are for my buddy as I reload that caliber.
They are definitely restocking as this was not here the last time. I asked 2 employees if there’s more out back and they said no this is all they have....doubt it

I’m usually a golden tiger fanboy but at $.13 per round it’s a no brainer. I don’t think my AK-47 or SKS will know the difference

They definitely are restocking. When I was there I got the last .38spl and there was no x39. I should go back.

You can get Glock 22s for $200 and USPs for $300 online. At that price I'd definitely add a .40 to the rotation.

I wonder what the local P.D.'s are going to do with all that donated WWB .32ACP... [rofl2]
screw the local pds! lol! I need 32 for my shooting pleasure! my tax dollars already pay for the calibers they really use, I hope, I think........hahaha

can you imagine a local pd buying a bunch of old 32s to equip the boys with [rofl] ...just cause it was free ammo. too funny
Oxford has .25 Auto, and the rest is shotgun and rifle. In rifle, they have 30-06 and 6.5 Creedmore, for those who use that.
wish I had time to grab that .25. hope an NESer can

I had thought of seecamp but i think the mag is too short for standard 32 acp fmj...

I take a cobbler's hammer and tap the projo down in the case until I can get it to fit in the magazine. Oddly, I have a wild spread on the paper target... [rofl2]

I’ll be back and checking out the ammo for any last minute restocks. And I’ll take any .40 I can. In addition to a couple of M&P40’s, I have a .40S&W upper for my AR9 that runs like a champ. A real thumper.

Now, THAT is a great idea! Or at least a good one.

You can get Glock 22s for $200 and USPs for $300 online. At that price I'd definitely add a .40 to the rotation.

Lol, but no. a 40 is almost never worth it. That said anyone who owns a 40 would be stupid to not raid Walmart... at 50% off you can't beat that ..

-Mike

IMG_1727.JPG
At Leicester now, plenty of oddball stuff and shotgun food, many bricks of 22s. It's like getting to a carcas after the buzzards are all full......
But if you need 7mm, 7.62x51, 243, 270, 6.5, etc .......

Just my own WAG, but my understanding was the fire sale was to get rid of ammo they no longer planned on selling. I was told they were going to continue to sell shotgun ammo (along with 22lr and hunting rifle calibers). So if theyre going to continue selling shot gun ammo, I dont think they discounted it.

It's called Misdirection...

img_1727-jpg.320697

"Find the 9mm..."
giphy.gif
G7RQyHp.gif

Last edited:
^^is any of that ammo clearance calibers? doesn't seem to be. stopped in a store semi local to me today as I was across the parking lot. scored 6k thunderbolts for 114.75. basically 2cpr. couldn't leave it. the associate didn't even know it was clearanced
she said something about how she'll have to print a new tag for it. I said no need, I'll take it all. 8 boxes for me, 4 for a fellow NESer friend of mine I called. I think the great ammo liquidation of 2019 is over 20191228_160910.jpg . todays haul

edit: location chicopee MA

Last edited:
Was in hadley this afternoon. Only discounted ammo left was 6-8 boxes of Tulammo .380. No more pistol ammo, .223, or even .308.

Did they have any decently priced buckshot? Remember, anything ending in .00 is a SALE PRICE!

Stuff more towards the fudd side of the spectrum is not discounted, because they're going to keep selling that stuff.

-Mike

Checked out the ManchVegas and Concord, NH locations to see if there was anything that popped up. Nope. Only thing was 200 rds of .32ACP at the Concord location. Don't shoot .32ACP, so I scooped it up for a Karma. It's listed in the Karma section for any interested.

Lady at Concord is normally quite helpful, but I think she must be getting worn out answering questions ("Got any more in the back?"). She told me everything left 31 Dec had to go to the local PD. I knew that. I told here I was hoping there was an isolated Walmart somewhere up North that hadn't been completely raided yet.

She said, "Well, it wouldn't matter; they'd have to turn it over to the PD after the 31st."

"Uh...my point was I'd go there right now and clean them out myself."

Talk about not getting the point...

.40's a good value right now if you want a quality defensive handgun you're not gonna shoot for hours at a time. Glock 22s and HK USPs are as low as $200 and $300 respectively, and mags are cheap since no one wants the guns. I picked up a $299 USP a few weeks ago, a bunch of $15 mags, and thanks to Walmart 500 rounds of halfprice ammo.

Did anyone get 44mag from Walmart that they want to trade? Got some 9, 45 & 223 that I will trade dollar for dollar

Back
Top Bottom