• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Waiting to conceal carry?

This may be the dumbest (or easiest) question you've read all day.
I've broken free of Boston's licensing restrictions (at least, I think I have) by moving to Billerica.
My new LTC arrived, no restrictions - but it says it's issued (issue date in the future?..) Nov DD, 2016.
My old license doesn't expire to Nov DD, 2016
I'm guessing I've already answered my question, but am I pretty much still neutered until Nov DD, 2016 when my Boston LTC expires?
I was about ready to toss my old license and just carry my new one - except I noticed the issued date..

Congrats on getting no restrictions! And your right, I'd wait until the new issuance dated LTC to be in effect. In the mean time, order a nice holster!

You have to wait until the new license is in effect.

I don't think you can answer this as a blanket. What if the LO changed the rest on the old license too but simply didn't order a reprint?

I think only the issuing authority would be able to answer this- since they are effectively the ones that would enforce violation of the restriction anyways. (It's an admin thing, it's not a felony or misdemeanor).

-Mike

I don't think you can answer this as a blanket. What if the LO changed the rest on the old license too but simply didn't order a reprint?

I think only the issuing authority would be able to answer this- since they are effectively the ones that would enforce violation of the restriction anyways. (It's an admin thing, it's not a felony or misdemeanor).

-Mike

Until the expiration date Boston is the issuing authority. Whatever was tagged by BOS until the new license effective date is reached is what's active. The new LO has no method or authority to get the old license changed - all they can do is ask Boston to expire the old one, and for a few weeks I doubt (but have no knowledge or evidence either way) they will bother. IMO they probably won't even get to the request in the paperwork until it has already expired on its own....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Until the expiration date Boston is the issuing authority. Whatever was tagged by BOS until the new license effective date is reached is what's active. The new LO has no method or authority to get the old license changed - all they can do is ask Boston to expire the old one, and for a few weeks I doubt (but have no knowledge or evidence either way) they will bother. IMO they probably won't even get to the request in the paperwork until it has already expired on its own....

I missed the part where Boston was the original issuing LO. So yeah, that's about right.

-Mike

Makes perfect sense, in a few weeks you will more trustworthy to carry a handgun.

Hah that's what went through my head when I got the new license. I was like... well... I mean... I'm GOING to have no restrictions. But then I looked at the date.

Thanks everyone for the responses for confirming what I didn't want to believe. I'll just sit on my hands for the next few weeks.

Now - here's the really ****ed thing... Which copy of my license do I include to do my address notification change? Because I applied while in Northbridge, but have since moved to Billerica... hahahahaha. I'll just include a copy of both - screw it.

Hah that's what went through my head when I got the new license. I was like... well... I mean... I'm GOING to have no restrictions. But then I looked at the date.

Thanks everyone for the responses for confirming what I didn't want to believe. I'll just sit on my hands for the next few weeks.

Now - here's the really ****ed thing... Which copy of my license do I include to do my address notification change? Because I applied while in Northbridge, but have since moved to Billerica... hahahahaha. I'll just include a copy of both - screw it.

Did Billerica give you your new LTC, or northbridge?

Since your boston LTC is the active one, I would notify the issuing authority, the town you moved to and the state. So Boston, Billerica and the sate. But, did you already notify Billerica when yo moved in to town?

I'd cover all my bases.. Boston to Northbridge for that move, Northbridge and Billericia for the new LTC. State on both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom