• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Waiting time?

Hey all!

I hope everyone is well!

I have a few questions..
I see the Massachusetts website is showing that they are now printing licenses that were approved in March!!!

1. Is this accurate or did they fail to update the website?

2. Im a former LTC- A ALP license holder and instructor. I made the mistake of letting it all expire and has lapsed for a few years now. I have since moved, can my new local PD process this as a renewal (with new safety certificate) or would this be a completely new application?

Thanks in advance, be safe!

Michael

Hey all!

I hope everyone is well!

I have a few questions..
I see the Massachusetts website is showing that they are now printing licenses that were approved in March!!!

2. Im a former LTC- A ALP license holder and instructor. I made the mistake of letting it all expire and has lapsed for a few years now. I have since moved, can my new local PD process this as a renewal (with new safety certificate) or would this be a completely new application?

Thanks in advance, be safe!

Michael
My brother started a new application in Methuen 8 or 9 weeks ago and the Leo told him they've been averaging 2 to 3 months to get the licenses in.

Welcome! Oddly, there are two sites that show status and only one seems to be accurate.

This one is correct:
Now printing those submitted 7/12-7/25

This one is incorrect (it hasn’t been updated in months):

Welcome! Oddly, there are two sites that show status and only one seems to be accurate.

This one is correct:
Now printing those submitted 7/12-7/25

This one is incorrect (it hasn’t been updated in months):
Thanks!

when I searched for “renew mass LTC”. I got this..

I guess if you are renewing, its about 5 months longer of a wait! 🤣

I renewed mine on Saturday. Two or three days after dropping it off at the police station. The officer told me expect 3-4 weeks and also told me most of the delay was on their end just trying to process all the apps that are coming in. Said he was on vacation for a week and came back to 20+ on his desk. Not too bad for a town that has less then 9000 people. Also told me it was his goal to get through as many of those apps that day. I really like this little town.

I renewed mine on Saturday. Two or three days after dropping it off at the police station. The officer told me expect 3-4 weeks and also told me most of the delay was on their end just trying to process all the apps that are coming in. Said he was on vacation for a week and came back to 20+ on his desk. Not too bad for a town that has less then 9000 people. Also told me it was his goal to get through as many of those apps that day. I really like this little town.
Thats not bad at all!

Just renewed in Newton. Detective bureau advised I submit 3 months in advance. Submitted end of May and picked up new license last week.

My new license showed up today. 1 day under 2 weeks from when I visited the police station and like 2 or 3 days over 2 weeks from when I dropped off my app to my police station.

Back
Top Bottom