• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Waiting time for resident alien.

I applied for a resident alien license at the beginning of November hoping to have all set up for the new year. Since then I have heard absolutely nothing. I realize that we are now well in to the Christmas and New Year season, but I am wondering how long anyone else had to wait?

Tough to say since there are so few Alien Permits issued and very few aliens on NES. They seem to be handled with the same lack of urgency as are non-resident permits. I'd give them a call to check on it.

call them up and set up an interview. After the interview you will have to wait 4 weeks.

next time apply earlier. like august. so you can get an interview in October/November

if you need a phone number, go to the CHSB website.

Plus it is hunting season. I renewed this year, got my license in 6 weeks but I was warned at the PD that they were swamped when I got my pictures taken.

Plus it is hunting season. I renewed this year, got my license in 6 weeks but I was warned at the PD that they were swamped when I got my pictures taken.

the PD has nothing to do with resident alien permits anymore. No need for pics or letters. When you go for an interview the CHSB will take care of all that non-sense.

Last edited:
[wink]
I applied for a resident alien license at the beginning of November hoping to have all set up for the new year. Since then I have heard absolutely nothing. I realize that we are now well in to the Christmas and New Year season, but I am wondering how long anyone else had to wait?

It depends on what planet you are from. I have heard that Martians have been made to wait the longest.[wink]

I'm from a small planet in the vicinity on beetle juice if that helps :p. I have called and it looks like it will have to be the call and call again approach.

Hello,

It took me a total of 113 days from application to delivery of the "resident alien permit to possess non-large capacity rifles and shotguns".
15 days from mail application to reply from FRB with the date of the interview
48 days from reply to Interview at the FRB
50 days from interview/fingerprinting/picture at FRB to delivery of the permit via mail

Hello,

It took me a total of 113 days from application to delivery of the "resident alien permit to possess non-large capacity rifles and shotguns".
15 days from mail application to reply from FRB with the date of the interview
48 days from reply to Interview at the FRB
50 days from interview/fingerprinting/picture at FRB to delivery of the permit via mail

Stay tuned. next time you'll be able to get a real permit.[devil]

Back
Top Bottom