• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Waiting for upper.. but meanwhile

pepperoni

NES Member
Can i pin the muzzle break and install the gas block on the barrel before mating it to the upper?
Just impatient and waiting for an upper to arrive.
Figured i could get some things out of the way

Make sure you put the barrel nut on first.

The last barrel I installed came with the barrel nut, gas/fsb, and brake already installed, so you can definitely put them on before mounting to the upper receiver.

IMO....I'd wait. If you have the opportunity to test fire the gun prior to pinning the brake that is ideal. Granted changes can be made while the brake is on but it makes life easier.

No be patient! Sounds like a good way to scrap your parts. Relax it won't save you any time...:)

Can i pin the muzzle break and install the gas block on the barrel before mating it to the upper?
Just impatient and waiting for an upper to arrive.
Figured i could get some things out of the way

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yea... maybe I'll wait a little more. Thanks beaker and dbott.
I've been looking at the parts in boxes and getting restless for a couple months.

Now looking for bcg's, just cancelled my red rock order [thinking]
Was hoping to get a nib-x bcg.

I believe Remsport has some BCGs in stock. Not a great deal but reasonable and in stock. They are standard phosphate and chrome lined though.

Back
Top Bottom