• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wait time for ltc in 2014

There is a thread where you can see how long it has been taking people, I'll edit this when I find it. Lately it seems like it takes ~2-4 weeks for the background check + however long your town wants to take. For example, I applied Feb 11 in Boston, and I'm still waiting (probably will be until at least May). Green towns are usually really quick now that the state is doing the background checks reasonably fast.

Here's the thread: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...-town/page492?highlight=how+long+did+your+ltc

I had my interview in March. The licensing officer approved my LTC exactly 3 weeks ago and requested the state print my license and ship it to him. Does anyone know roughly how long the printing process takes? 3 weeks seems like a really long time to print a simple license card...

You guys are lucky. The FRB tells me that my application is still pending review by my local licensing officer. For all I know the background check hasn't even been submitted yet :/

I have had a LTC since 1997, and it was usually about 3 weeks from the drop off at the station to my mail box (had to leave a s.a.s.e. w/app..) In 2007 (Feb.) my renewal fee went up to $125. (can't remember why Taunton charged an extra $25.) but I had my new license before my old one expired (less than 2 weeks.)

When I renewed in 2012 it took 3 months to get it back. I don't know if I can blame Deval for the fee increase in 2007, he took office in Jan., but I definitely blame him and his administration for the delays we are experiencing since he has settled into office.

So they told you 4 weeks and you should have my lo said that also how true u think it is I'm goin on 3 now in a green unrestricted town so will see

So I was approved on the 6 th so frb says 2 weeks why so long

It takes them time to print it, then it takes time to get mailed back to the local PD. Then it takes the local PD time to open their mail. Then it takes them time to either mail it to you or call you to come get it. Probably there is no one hurrying at any stage of the process either. At least you've gotten approved! I'm still waiting for that :(

Back
Top Bottom