• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wait time for interview at p.d.

So my daughter dropped off her application and check to the p.d. on Sept 19 2014 the check hasn't been cashed and no call for interview. Was wondering what a reasonable amount of time would be, my renewal 2 years ago was 2 weeks for the call for interview. Any similar experiences, storys, input would be appreciated.

I did my renewal application a few weeks ago. I turned in the application on a Saturday, got a letter the following Wednesday to make my appointment and Monday night walked into the Police Station, smiled for the camera, signed my name and handed over a check. In and out in 4 minutes including exchanging a few pleasantries with the dispatcher who handles these things.

Call your state rep and have them ask questions, as to what is going on. If you are in a town, one of the selectmen. Make the JBT accountable.

I agree. Call your selectman or city counselor.

This. It is much more effective than people give it credit.

People are afraid to call their elected representative either because they 'don't want to make waves' or they just assume that anyone elected to public office in Massachusetts is an anti. WRONG. Elected officials are very sensitive to 'customer service' issues and that's behind many of the law changes that we saw this summer. Police chiefs have lost their jobs over firearms licensing.

Why can't they just make the appointment when you drop off the app? That's how it was done in my city

Appointment for interview? We just come in on a night when they are there, they type in the info, pix, prints, and wait.

Yeah my town emailed the officer to set a time. Was a few week wait but he talks you through the app and makes sure everything is right to avoid holdups and errors. Can't complain about an officer being thorough when his policy is either unrestricted or you have some disqualifying factor that bars you from having a license.

I called for my renewal and the officer told me to "pick a time." I called at 10 am and I said 1 pm, he said OK, so I went at 1. He input the information and took my picture and that was it. Asked if anything changed in the past 5 years and I told him "I was 5 years older."
You have got to love a small town.

I got the post card from DCJIS in August encouraging me to start the renewal ASAP due to the back log (this was about 4 months before my license was up). I called the PD and was told the first available slot for an interview was about a month away. Had my license in hand about three weeks after my interview.

So my daughter dropped off her application and check to the p.d. on Sept 19 2014 the check hasn't been cashed and no call for interview. Was wondering what a reasonable amount of time would be, my renewal 2 years ago was 2 weeks for the call for interview. Any similar experiences, storys, input would be appreciated.

Never had to go to an interview???

Weird....

Back
Top Bottom