Wachusett Mountain Management Anti-gun?

GOAL

NES Member
Just thought our pro-gun skiers should know.

The General Manager for the Wachusett Mountain Ski Area is David Crowley. I have a copy of the 2000 tax returns for Stop Handgun Violence, INC. of Massachusetts. (We were conducting a special investigation then.) In that return Mr. Crowley is listed as a board member of SHV using the Wachusett Mountain corporate address.

David Crowley
Wachusett Mountain
499 Mountain Road
Princeton, MA 01541

Just thought you should know.

0000007.gif

Last edited:
Unfortunately I did not know about this when I started the thread concerning the NES Group Skiing Night. When I did find out it was to late to cancel as everything had been set and we were just a few days away from the get together. If I had known I probably would of selected a different mountain.

It's to bad that a popular ski mountain would take this stance. Especially since they themselves have been the receipient of harrasment and lawsuits from environmentalist. You would think they would not want to do the same thing to a group that they themselves most likely do not fully understand.

Imagine hundreds of NESers open carrying while skiing down Wachusett Mountain. The libs would shit themselves.

Biathlon would be much cooler if it involved downhill skiing and shooting on the move.

I think I'd be willing to hike up if there was a place it could be done safely. [rockon]

Wachusett is a national park... However it is also a place of recreation... Does that mean we can carry without violating any federal laws?

Wachusett is actually a state reservation. I believe that means that normal MA laws apply, but don't quote me.

Of note, there have been some articles in the paper lately about a guy who bumped into a young man while entering the men's room in the lodge. The kid and his brother beat the snot out of the guy and the A & B case is in the local court.

The story mentioned that there have been other occasions like this up there, especially during night skiing and the management has been accused of turning a blind eye to that sort of behavior. Personally, my take is that its a pretty well run family friendly hill and hey - they make some good soda too (Polar soda, same family). Too bad they are anti....

can you publish the whole list?

Just thought our pro-gun skiers should know.

The General Manager for the Wachusett Mountain Ski Area is David Crowley. I have a copy of the 2000 tax returns for Stop Handgun Violence, INC. of Massachusetts. (We were conducting a special investigation then.) In that return Mr. Crowley is listed as a board member of SHV using the Wachusett Mountain corporate address.

David Crowley
Wachusett Mountain
499 Mountain Road
Princeton, MA 01541

Just thought you should know.

Since the anti groups want to publish lists of CCW holders it seems to me they would not be against your publishing their board member list.

Bill

An NES forum trip might enlighten the Wachusett management - either as to the fact that we are "good people" or the possible economic ramifications of writing us off.

I'm pretty sure that there is some "consumer protection law" against me being on skis!

If the same family owns Polar Soda does that mean that Polar SOda is also anti?

I'd love to see a list of Massachusetts "antis" that we could make an organized effort to boycott.

I don't ski but have friends that own fire arms that do......I'll be sure to pass this on!

Worked in the ski industry for almost 10 years at a shop in Framingham. Small network of people, just like the firearms community. Wachusett has probably the worst theft problem, with Loon mountain running a close second. Ownership is well aware of these problems and similar problems like the previous post about the fight, and just don't care. I've heard many not so positive things about the owners of that mountain from various reps and higher ups in the industry.

One of the biggest perks of working for a shop for pennies used to be free swag and free skiing. Wachusett used to give out free tickets, but was also one of the first to get rid of free skiing for shop employees. Most mountains followed, but would give shop/ industry employees like $10 or $30 tickets, but not Wachusett. They gave you $10 OFF a full price ticket. At that point I stopped going there as Sunapee was not that much farther and waaaaaayyyyy better.

Needless to say Wachusett or Polar beverages have not been getting my money nor will they, nor do they get my recommendation.

Mountain is tiny and boring anyway. Go to a real mountain owned by a free state, Cannon!

Not that I like wachusett, but I only have skied there once. That was enough. I much prefer NH or VT where I can carry while I ski.

Back
Top Bottom