• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

W Ma Academy

Has anybody been through the academy at STCC recently? Any bits of info you would like to share for future LEO's?

Delete your facebook now. Also expect to have your vehicle searched in the first day or two. Pretty sure this is standard BS they pull on everyone.

Ya, make sure you lock your doors and take any "questionable" items out of your car. 100% delete your facebook at least til you reach the last month or so. Best of luck

OP, you might give Dennis a call at First Defense Firearms. He's a firearms instructor out at New Braintree and could perhaps give you some insight. Unsure what STCC is?

Springfield Technical Community College...on the same grounds as the springfield armory museum is what I think they are referring to. I did not know there was an academy there. It's been 20 some odd years.

Springfield Technical Community College...on the same grounds as the springfield armory museum is what I think they are referring to. I did not know there was an academy there. It's been 20 some odd years.

Thanks. It wasn't listed in the Byrne Report which I reviewed just before typing my reply. So I had no idea that there was an academy out there either. Might be like the South Suburban Police Institute . . . they have used a Foxboro school building, the Voke school in Canton, Dever School in Taunton, a public school in Needham, and who knows where else over the years. They rented space wherever they could to run their classes as they didn't own a "home" to base their operations out of. The woman who ran these is now the director up in Boylston.

I went to the reserve academy there in 2007. Definitely lock your doors, its in a pretty questionable neighborhood, as well as to prevent yourself from unwanted attention from the academy staff. As others suggested, remove everything from your vehicle that isn't nailed down. I literally had plates, inspection stickers, equipment bag, wallet, keys, and cell phone in/on my vehicle for day 1. Don't have any bumper stickers that will cause you grief, especially mpa, blue line, and the like, you will get crucified.

I went through the academy in west boylston.

Shut your mouth, pay attention and make sure your gear is squared away. They usually crucify a few and boot them out to make a point. Steer clear of those folks. If you been in the military it's pretty easy. If not, be a sponge and absorb from the veterans.

My cousin went through the academy in West Boylston and said it was just like going to basic training. I replied "Oh you stay overnight?" he replied "No." "What about on the weekends?" "You get some homework but you get to go home." "and see your wife/girlfriend or have a cold beer?" "Yes.". So I said "exactly what part of this is like basic?"

Thanks. It wasn't listed in the Byrne Report which I reviewed just before typing my reply. So I had no idea that there was an academy out there either. Might be like the South Suburban Police Institute . . . they have used a Foxboro school building, the Voke school in Canton, Dever School in Taunton, a public school in Needham, and who knows where else over the years. They rented space wherever they could to run their classes as they didn't own a "home" to base their operations out of. The woman who ran these is now the director up in Boylston.

They took an old bldg from the 1800's and renovated it to their needs. Its on the Stcc campus but I think its run type same way as all other academies.

Thanks for the info everyone.

Definitely lock your doors and remove all bumper stickers or MPA anything. Getting rid of Facebook is a smart idea, they will find anything online so just be prepared. Stick to the equipment list they gave you for day 1, exactly. Don't have anything extra because you feel like it would show you are more prepared, all it does in single you out. Be aware of your surroundings, do what they say, don't answer a question unless you are sure of the answer. Take a second and think, if you are still unsure ask permission to find. Stick with the PT and just go with it, sometimes it seems boring but it takes a while to get into it. DO NOT LIE!!! if you don't have a piece of gear admit it and take your gig. Don't get thrown out for an integrity violation because you forgot your pocket notebook or something like that. Other than that just be smart and learn as much as you can. Everything they do is for a reason. Good luck.

Has anybody been through the academy at STCC recently? Any bits of info you would like to share for future LEO's?

Went through a few years ago. Lock your doors on day 1 and every day thereafter. Label everything! Practice front leaning rest because you have 24 weeks in that position. Drive normal the DI's are on 91 every day.

Oh....PS don't post here....See you day 1 BOOT.

Back
Top Bottom