• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

VZ Grips vs Lok Grips

Does anybody have any experience with BOTH Lok and Vz as far as grips go? Looking for feedback about the two of them compared to each other as far as quality goes.
If not, if anybody has feedback about one or the other, happy to hear it. Same with Coolhand Grips.
I did some searching in the forum but didn’t find a ton.

Grips would be for a CZ if that matters.

Thanks all

I went with LOK just because they seemed to have more options, plus I was able to e-mail them and get a panel thickness so I could figure out what I wanted for a swell.
This was prior to them listing it on the website.
I asked for measurement X at the swell on a set of bogies for a Shadow and they did it for the same price as whats listed.

VZ, at the time, I don't think had the texture option I was looking for.

The WilsonCombat grips I put on my Beretta are VZ grips. Good grips I suppose. Micarta or some woven polymer hybrid plastic epoxy synthetic textured molded glass filled nylon type material. 0DE85A29-83C3-48C6-BA5E-B6852250AEE8.jpeg

Just as a comparison on widths- again, not sayin one is better than the other-

The LOK Bogie Palmswells on my Shadow bring the width really close to my 97B. I wanted the swell width to match a set of discontinued grips for my Sig 1911 (they kinda look like the P210 grips). I have the big-hand curse, so they fit really well. YMMV.

If you find yourself in the Bridgewater/ Brockton area I'd offer to let you handle all 3 so you could get a better idea.

Just as a comparison on widths- again, not sayin one is better than the other-

The LOK Bogie Palmswells on my Shadow bring the width really close to my 97B. I wanted the swell width to match a set of discontinued grips for my Sig 1911 (they kinda look like the P210 grips). I have the big-hand curse, so they fit really well. YMMV.

If you find yourself in the Bridgewater/ Brockton area I'd offer to let you handle all 3 so you could get a better idea.
Thanks man. Super kind of you to offer. Very much appreciate the offer and feedback.

They are both excellent grips and not a huge difference between them. I have used VZ Operator, VZ Tactical Diamonds and VZ Recon grips on my CZ's and right now I have LOK Thin Bogies on my Shadow 2 and TSO.

Unfortunately you really have to try them. I bought the VZ Operator because I liked the look but found then too sharp so I switched to Tactical Diamonds and still have them on my Shadow 1 and Compact. Having said that I have VZ Operators on my S&W 1911 and love them. Same texture but feel very different on a single stack 1911.

I went to LOK thin Bogies for the new CZ's because of the color and design variations and the ability to add contrasting liners. I like them very much and feel is very similar to the Tactical Diamonds.

I have lok grips on 3 of my 4 CZ’s and some VZ’s on a few 1911’s. Both are solid.

had an issue once with a warped Lok, contacted them and they swapped it. Sent me the new grips and sent a pre paid return label with them.

I have VZs on my 1911’s and they’re good. Most people go with LOK for a CZ.

All of my CZs have Hennings Aluminum grips. Love them. Great grip but not harsh On the hands.

Back
Top Bottom