• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

VT vs NH for freedom

Pulled out of class, cuffed and disarmed.

Was this just because someone randomly made you or you gave someone a "tell" and then they ratted on you?

ETA: Not suggesting that such treatment is justified either way (it's obviously heinous to arrest someone for something that isn't illegal) it's just that when someone says they get jacked up for concealed carry usually there was a concealment failure somewhere....

-Mike

Considering Plymouth State went so far as to get an illegal trespass order on someone who merely stated they were going to open carry, I'm not surprised.

Was this just because someone randomly made you or you gave someone a "tell" and then they ratted on you?

ETA: Not suggesting that such treatment is justified either way (it's obviously heinous to arrest someone for something that isn't illegal) it's just that when someone says they get jacked up for concealed carry usually there was a concealment failure somewhere....

-Mike

They said someone saw my gun or my holster in class. I find that odd though because I was on campus for a few hours between classes for work. You would think if someone reported "man with gun", they would get a move on a little faster than taking six hours.

Considering Plymouth State went so far as to get an illegal trespass order on someone who merely stated they were going to open carry, I'm not surprised.

I'm not going to confirm or deny that I dealt with PSU campus police.

They said someone saw my gun or my holster in class. I find that odd though because I was on campus for a few hours between classes for work. You would think if someone reported "man with gun", they would get a move on a little faster than taking six hours.

I'm not going to confirm or deny that I dealt with PSU campus police.

Or they knew it wasn't anything illegal and waited until you were in class to send a message. Or it was from someone in your class, which means it didn't even have to be from that day.

Or they knew it wasn't anything illegal and waited until you were in class to send a message. Or it was from someone in your class, which means it didn't even have to be from that day.

Honestly there's too many loose ends, too many possibilities, that I don't even bother making conjecture. It'd be like trying to figure out how Lee Harvey Oswald pumped three bullets into JFK with a bent-bolt Carcano in under how many seconds? It's just "odd" to me.

One thing I'll say on topic - sending your kid to a NH college is probably not a good idea unless its Dartmouth. They're over priced, they have a reputation for drinking and that's about it and a low academic standing. That being said, NH public colleges are cheaper than any private college will be. I like the small town environment - 4 years in Mass would've given me depression or something.

I'm also in the best shape of my life. Being in such a small town, my options are to get work done and to exercise. So that's what I do all day.

Back
Top Bottom