VT Still Free

The case was referred to the state's attorney who has determined the boy did not violate state law because he did not intend to injure another person. But police are concerned about why the student was in possession of such a large number of weapons.

"I can tell you that in this day and age, with the shootings that have occurred across the country, I just don't see any place for firearms, particularly that number of weapons, in one vehicle. That doesn't seem to me to be somebody planning on going hunting," St. Albans Police Chief Gary Taylor said.

Hey gun's don't kill without intent? What a novel concept.

And to the police chief, FOAD. If the kid planned on shooting up a school, he would have. But why not be hysterical and act like a moron, huh Chief Taylor. He doesn't seem to be someone planning on going hunting? How the heck do you know? We do know for certain he wasn't a danger and wasn't planning on shooting up the school. So what he wants to carry around with him is his business not the statist chief. The guy should be embarrassed.

Police say a teacher checking the glove compartment found a loaded .45-caliber, semi-automatic pistol and alerted police. After getting a search warrant, police also found two shotguns, a rifle, two stun guns, a machete, two knives and an assortment of ammunition.

"I can tell you that in this day and age, with the shootings that have occurred across the country, I just don't see any place for firearms, particularly that number of weapons, in one vehicle. That doesn't seem to me to be somebody planning on going hunting," St. Albans Police Chief Gary Taylor said.

He's obviously never seen my car on the way to an NES shoot. OR a day at the range.

He'd probably wet himself. Pussy.

Finally: a story where there were guns, yet no one was harmed so no one went to jail. Just as this country should be.

Only question that remains is: why is this even news?

I know VT doesn't have licensing, but is there also no age limit for purchasing/owning/possessing?

They're trying. Hearing in Burlington on Monday night. I'm going.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Keep up the fight...

How can these people seriously complain about "gun violence" when when NH, ME, and VT are always at the top for safest states in the Union?

Just a lot of moonbats. But Vermont moonbats are a strange breed. They value gun rights AND having the government steal all their hard earned money... I don;t get them.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that. Vermont is extremely homogenized and has a very low crime rate. Plus it is rural, Burlington has a population of ~42,000, so guns are more of a non-issue more than anything else.

Last edited:
what do the officers roll with in the cruisers? serious question.

My town in metrowest boston, duty pistol is a m&p45, all cruisers have a shotgun and an AR (26 or 28 in the mag, I forget which). Very safe town, 1 murder every 8 yrs or so.

Just a lot of moonbats. But Vermont moonbats are a strange breed. They value gun rights AND having the government steal all their hard earned money... I don;t get them.

The Vermont Barking Moonbat was outnumbered about 4 or 5 to 1 at the meeting. Unfortunately, the council president and (apparently) most of the city council were composed of them. The supposedly "random" order in which the first dozen made it very clear that the council president was A) lying through her teeth and B) a Barking Moonbat of the first magnitude. I'm sorry... 10 speakers all in a row wearing green [STRIKE= ]Non[/STRIKE] Gun Sense Vermont T-shirts? And we're supposed to believe she picked them at random?
bs.gif

There were at least three speakers who pointed out that the council had zero legal authority to do what they were doing, and one guy who didn't play along with their fiction that it was about Burlington - he flat out told them that we were all well aware that it was MAIG's attempt at back-dooring gun control into Vermont by getting the largest city to go for it and then try and force the state legislature into going along with it. How rude... they wanted to pretend that that wasn't their whole goal all along.

Anyway, after an hour of speakers (and Nickle and I were NOT called), they moved onto other business and were supposed to allow more speakers at 9:30 or so. Unfortunately, I had to be on the road by 4:30AM the next morning to be at work by 8, so I couldn't stay that late - I live an hour from Burlington.

The only surprise, as far as I'm concerned, is that the permitting item didn't pass. I was shocked at that.

Back
Top Bottom