• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

VT GUN SHOW/ NH GUN SHOW

2 Gun shows 6 miles apart

Feb 16-17
CT Valley Auto Auction CTR
1567, RT 14
Hartford,VT.05047 info 802-875-4540 Greenmtgunshowtrail.com

&
Fireside Inn
Airport Rd
West Lebanon,NH

My son & I will be going up on Sunday. The VT show is usually pretty decent, and I end up with something there every time. I have walked out of the West Lebanon show empty handed the last two times.

NOTE TO SELLERS:

SELLING ITEMS SUCH AS PROJECTILES AND BRASS AT TWICE WHAT THEY RETAIL FOR ON MIDWAY VIRTUALLY GUARANTEES THAT YOU WILL BE DRAGGING THE SHIT OUT THE DOOR AT THE END OF THE SOW.

I really hope this isn't the way gun shows of the future are going to be. Rather, I hope that the current conditions are just a blip on the screen.

The Diprete Show in West Lebanon was a joke. No lines, we walked right in. gun pricing, as it has been for years, was at full retard levels. What struck me was the pricing of ammo, magazines, and components. One doofus had a 100 round drum magazine for an AR that had a price tag hanging off it that said $150.00; but the $150.00 had an "X" through it, and written over it was $500.00. AK & AR Mags for $50.00 - $75.00 were the norm. You'd think at least one vendor would have enough sense to walk around and look at the other guy's stuff and get a little creative with his pricing. The ammo prices, even on the tables with the guys that were selling the 30 year old partial boxes of moldy green crusters was twice the price as any sporting goods store. I heard one guy pissing and moaning at his table about how "there were no buyers out today". Not at those prices, pal. Needless to say, we didn't buy a goddamn thing.
So it was off across the river 10 miles to the VT Show, now located at the CT Valley Auto Auction instead of the VFW. There was plenty of parking, and we walked right in, with no lines. Inside there were plenty of vendors, including some new faces that I hadn't seen before. The prices were high on guns, and most of the other items, especially ammo, were high too. I did pick up some brass at reasonable prices; some of these people knew how to deal. One guy had 6 loose dies in mismarked old cardboard boxes, they were covered in dirt & lint. After looking at them, I asked what he wanted for them. He told me to "give him a number". I offered him $20.00, (which was still a gift for these old scabs); he stated that he wanted $75.00 for them; my guess is that he lugged them back home to Fantasyland. All in all, I still have to say that these vendors are going to be dragging alot of shit in and out of buildings if they don't wise up to the real world that their potential customers live in.
Spent the day with my son, which always offsets any type of full retard scenario.

Last edited:
when will the full retard pricing end? I understand supply and demand, but 39.99 for 50 9mm federals at dicks is a bit steep...

There was a vendor at the West Lebanon show asking $60.00 for bricks of CCI standard .22 ammo. At the show in Vermont an ammo can of Federal 62 gr 5.56 w/strippers (420 rds) was priced at $450.00. The new S&W M&P-10 .308 w/ambi bolt release was priced at $2400 in West Lebanon and was priced at $3500 in Vermont. Even the coffee and food seemed to be priced high. Used S&W J frames in .38 priced on the average of $350.00. Of course I didn't see anyone buying this stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

when will the full retard pricing end? I understand supply and demand, but 39.99 for 50 9mm federals at dicks is a bit steep...

Where was Dick's booth at the show? I didn't see them.

now this is why i rarely go to gun shows anymore unless i get asked to work one. If i wanted to get raped i certainly dont need to drive anywhere to make it happen, lol

Glad I passed this one up. $40+ in Gas, plus the cost to get in both shows, just look at
some stuff I would never buy at those prices. No Thank You!

I will take that money and just order some of the parts I need online at non FR prices and wait.

Malodave

My brother got 1K small pistol and 1K large pistol primers for $35 each, which is the normal price at a shop like Rileys. They were CCI too. I paid $23/box for 2 boxes of 30 carbine, which considering it is non-existant anywhere is a good price. I also need brass to reload.

Back
Top Bottom