VP9sk impressions

Who has one? What do you like about it, or not like about it? I have fired the full-sized VP9 and I am looking for a carry gun to replace my G19 I sold. I had thought about the CZ PCR, but I think the VP9sk might suit me better as I am left-handed and I like the paddle mag release and the ambidexterity with the slide stop, etc.

Anyone that has one willing to let me try it Friday morning, by any chance?

sorry i do not have a VP9sk nor any experience shooting it. i've owned a few VP9's and consider it one of the best SFA's on the market outside the glock or M&P.

why not just carry a VP9?
does the half inch of grip difference matter?
just for kicks this past weekend I convinced my wife who is 5'4" and ~125 lbs to AIWB my G17 and she had no problem concealing it

the fully cocked firing mechanism and striker block design of the VP9 is personally a no-go for my AIWB but that's completely a personal call there are no data to suggest it ever will fire on it's own.

It's just like the full size...with a bit less grip size, slide length, and a tiny bit snappier. For me, the reduced overall size makes the difference between comfortable concealed carry over the full size.

why not just carry a VP9?
does the half inch of grip difference matter?
just for kicks this past weekend I convinced my wife who is 5'4" and ~125 lbs to AIWB my G17 and she had no problem concealing it
Well, HK just announced for 2020 VP9s will now ship milled for optics and with 17-round magazines...going to really have to think about this, as I was going to eventually add a dot to whatever carry gun I pick...

that is great. a 17 rd mag for the P30 would put the pistol right on par with the beloved PX4 and 92. with regards to the VP9 full size I am fairly certain with the right holster anyone could comfortably carry it. if you decide to go AIWB I can make some suggestions.

the topic of RDS on carry gun has been addressed by everyone and their sister. the merits are certainly there, I just find the technology to be something in flux and not quite to where it will be in the next 5-10 years. before long there will be a battery and adjustment areas built into the slide. by having the optic built into the slide rather than riding on top (ie current techology), the sight can sit lower to the bore. for my purposes I stick with 3 dots. i prefer to have a WML over any other accessory. mostly I carry with a TLR-1 and sometimes an X300. no doubt the RDS will be the future. the ability to stay completely threat-focused is phenomenal. eventually i will be there but not yet.

Well, HK just announced for 2020 VP9s will now ship milled for optics and with 17-round magazines...going to really have to think about this, as I was going to eventually add a dot to whatever carry gun I pick...
VP9 fan here who also is left-handed. Just curious as why not a Gen5 G19 if ambi is required? I would think the Glock would have a lower-mass slide. That's one of the things I like about my 18-round Caracal Enhanced F, which is not ambi, unfortunately.

VP9 fan here who also is left-handed. Just curious as why not a Gen5 G19 if ambi is required? I would think the Glock would have a lower-mass slide. That's one of the things I like about my 18-round Caracal Enhanced F, which is not ambi, unfortunately.
I sold my Gen 5 G19 as for my hand the trigger was just not in the right spot for me to get a correct trigger press, and I chock it up to the grip angle. I was planning to get a CZ PCR since I shoot a CZ Shadow 2 in competition, but I recalled I liked the VP9 (not sk) when I fired one a while ago. Since this was to be a carry gun, I figured the SK would be more practical. I'm not heart set on the VP9 or sk, but I do find it a strong contender, and whatever gun I got I was thinking of adding an RMR to it. Since the VP9 will come pre-milled now, it's another thing to consider.

When I first started looking as well, I didn't realize the VP9 was in between the G17 and the G19. So the "full size" might be sized well enough for me (I already have smaller guns if needed).

I sold my Gen 5 G19 as for my hand the trigger was just not in the right spot for me to get a correct trigger press, and I chock it up to the grip angle. I was planning to get a CZ PCR since I shoot a CZ Shadow 2 in competition, but I recalled I liked the VP9 (not sk) when I fired one a while ago. Since this was to be a carry gun, I figured the SK would be more practical. I'm not heart set on the VP9 or sk, but I do find it a strong contender, and whatever gun I got I was thinking of adding an RMR to it. Since the VP9 will come pre-milled now, it's another thing to consider.

When I first started looking as well, I didn't realize the VP9 was in between the G17 and the G19. So the "full size" might be sized well enough for me (I already have smaller guns if needed).
I think the Walther PPQ sits in that space as well--smaller than duty but larger than compact.

Back
Top Bottom