Vp9 trigger guard mod

Has anybody ground down the channel on the inside of there trigger guard. I'm considering doing this but looking for tips or feedback from others who have. I have seen pics of it done. There are places that will do it for me I know but at an obscene cost. Any feedback and pics would be good. It's the only flaw with this gun imho.

most likely sent from my bathroom

First and foremost, why do you need this done? Cause you seen it and it looks cool?

the trigger groove is sharp. after 50 or so rounds i start to notice some pain on my trigger finger. it's from this groove. not a new issue. the HK forums are full of people complaining and than HK fanboys saying suck-it-up.

Never noticed it, honestly. I was praising the feel of the trigger this past Saturday. I was comparing to the trigger face on the 19/23 Glock. The stepped one. That one beats up my finger the VP, not at all.

FYI, I though he was talking about the channel on the inside of the trigger guard. That's why I asked previously.

Never noticed it, honestly. I was praising the feel of the trigger this past Saturday. I was comparing to the trigger face on the 19/23 Glock. The stepped one. That one beats up my finger the VP, not at all.

FYI, I though he was talking about the channel on the inside of the trigger guard. That's why I asked previously.

yes, this is what he's talking about.
the groove H&K decided to cut into trigger guard, underneath the trigger.
allegedly it's to prevent glove from getting caught under the trigger, or something along those lines.
IMO the groove is straight awful.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anybody ground down the channel on the inside of there trigger guard. I'm considering doing this but looking for tips or feedback from others who have. I have seen pics of it done. There are places that will do it for me I know but at an obscene cost. Any feedback and pics would be good. It's the only flaw with this gun imho.

OP-

if planning to cut into the polymer, especially in that location, I would have a reputable gunsmith do that work. it doesn't sound like a DIY gig.

Some people have issues with that on other HKs too, not a new issue...

If this will cause you to reduce usage then cut it and don't look back. Dremel (or use sandpaper) out the area causing the grief and polish it out. It's your piece so you don't have to "suck it up." I buy with plan to keep not flip; therfore, modding to fit my hands is acceptable to me.

If I'm just Tage shooting I don't notice it at all. But if you do any type of defensive training where you finger isn't just sitting on the trigger. You can feel the bite. Overall not a huge issue but annoying. But I agree wmass it's mine with not intent to sell. I am going to do it. Thanks

I am not an HK fanboy. Suck it up. Mods like this will ruin the gun's resale value.

Some people buy guns to shoot and not for resale. Might be a different story if there's more than one thing that pisses them off about the gun, but if they otherwise love the thing, it makes sense to get it done.

-Mike

Finger higher on the trigger face & squared up solves this, and is actually better mechanics.

If you're h*llbent on getting rid of it, i'd take the trigger out and dremel or sand it. Beware it will look dull like it was sanded and won't have the shene the rest of the plastic frame has, if you're a stickler for details. Nothing cerakote won't fix.

Last edited:
This groove you speak of is why I do not like the VP9. After one shot I noticed my finger hurting from it.

$90 to smooth it out seems steep. But it's probably much safer as there is a 1000% chance of it coming out wrong with a home Dremel job. Way too many cringe worthy Glocks with the trigger guard undercuts, shaved down finger grooves, and stippling which should make everyone cautious before attaching that sanding bit.

So I decided to give it a go. I stripped the front half of the frame. Ground down and smoothed the channel and re assembled. I am super happy with the results. What do you think.

667811b6bf77754b82bd1205a677a336.jpg
6f92d2c1c21e83f756c5bf7be1786815.jpg
13fa4590e4c4f73541fb4de016cad65c.jpg

Looks great. took a dremel to mine also that groove f***ed my finger up everytime I shot a 100 or so rounds. and I dont have little bitch fingers or sausage fingers. dremeled and wet sanded and works great for me. great job hope ya happy with it.

hollowman- that looks very nice. my trigger finger also got beat up by the VP9 trigger guard groove. allegedly H&K designed it to prevent a gloved finger from snagging under trigger. but either way I prefer the older USP/P2000 design sans groove. also i'm not enough of an operator to wear gloves to the range.

How is this happening? About a week ago I put 300 rounds through a VP9 and there was no rubbing of my finger on the inside of the guard. Then again I've never personally experienced this on any handgun. Have someone else watch you grip, you might be a bit low forcing your finger to be low on the trigger. Then again this would probably cause accuracy and consistency problems as well. Do you have similar problems on other handguns?

How is this happening? About a week ago I put 300 rounds through a VP9 and there was no rubbing of my finger on the inside of the guard. Then again I've never personally experienced this on any handgun. Have someone else watch you grip, you might be a bit low forcing your finger to be low on the trigger. Then again this would probably cause accuracy and consistency problems as well. Do you have similar problems on other handguns?

the trigger groove pain is a common issue. on hkpro it's been discussed ad nauseum. for me it's not a deal breaker just nuisance.

Some people buy guns to shoot and not for resale. Might be a different story if there's more than one thing that pisses them off about the gun, but if they otherwise love the thing, it makes sense to get it done.

-Mike

This. I could understand the griping if somebody wanted to mod out a Luger or something equally rare and collectable, but it's a VP9. Current production gun, lots of em out there, and it's doubtful that HK will cease production any time soon.

To the OP: That mod looks nice. Very well done.

the trigger groove pain is a common issue. on hkpro it's been discussed ad nauseum. for me it's not a deal breaker just nuisance.

I can get that if your finger is rubbing the trigger guard a groove there could cause pain. I just can't picture how this rubbing happens in the first place. Just me I guess. I will look a lot more closely next time I go shooting..... I have to go shooting, this is important research [smile]

Back
Top Bottom