• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

VP9 or Canik TP9SA or P320

yeah, in my opinion Turkey is heading south driven by erdogan and his band of merry jihadists. so, NATO today, but likely not forever. I know Turks and they're fine people, but I'm not optimistic about the geopolitical future vis-a-vis us v. them

also, perhaps you might want to read what I said about China

I am all for supporting American Products, however with an attitude like this you will find yourself extremely limited in your options.

You can zip up your Carhartt Jacket, hop into your F-150 and go buy American all day long, but you are naive to think that all products manufactured in this country are using raw materials from 100% within the US. Every time you drive by a Toyota Tacoma, you are being passed by an equally "American" truck. put down the Kool-Aid.

Enjoy your safe full of Rugers, dude.

I wouldn't buy a gun, or anything else from our enemies unless I had to, in that there was nothing close in function or quality anywhere else. and I would buy nothing from those with whom we are at war. buying crap from the nazis during the war would be treason in my book. buying a canik isn't to that level because we're not at war with the turks.

buying Chinese stuff can be frustrating sometimes, but again, we're not at war with them and they aren't an enemy. a serious competitor. maybe even a rival. but not an enemy.

if the canik was the only functioning 9mm and I needed a 9mm then I guess I'd get it. that's my decision. I welcome everybody to make their own mind up.

just trying to consider some geopolitical ramifications is all. I've met many Chinese, and have some in my family, and I know they make great Americans. and many are becoming Christian gun owners, especially having gotten the hell away from communism. I've also met a few muslims and they seem fine too. I'm just reporting the sentiment of many such religious folks in the US and around the world. news flash: most of them don't love us. just sayin'

Turkey, one of the few beacons of sanity in the Muslim world, are now the enemy?

I gotta start writing this stuff down.

Turkey, one of the few beacons of sanity in the Muslim world, are now the enemy?

I gotta start writing this stuff down.

Stop drinking the Turkish koolaid, they are anything but a beacon of sanity under the current AKP government. Turkey is very tolerant, as long as you're a loyal Sunni.

They make the Chinese government look like a beacon of tolerance by comparison.

But I agree with other posters, buying products based on geography is just too complicated to worry about.

Last edited:
Bro if putting Turkey in the enemy category, then we americans have zero friends. Their leadership has issues but the best we can do is let the turks straighten things out, not slam the turkish people who are blameless in the political BS.

they also build some great firearms so win in my book.

Stop drinking the Turkish koolaid, they are anything but a beacon of sanity under the current AKP government. Turkey is very tolerant, as long as you're a loyal Sunni.

They make the Chinese government look like a beacon of tolerance by comparison.

But I agree with other posters, buying products based on geography is just too complicated to worry about.

Historically speaking.

I am all for supporting American Products, however with an attitude like this you will find yourself extremely limited in your options.

You can zip up your Carhartt Jacket, hop into your F-150 and go buy American all day long, but you are naive to think that all products manufactured in this country are using raw materials from 100% within the US. Every time you drive by a Toyota Tacoma, you are being passed by an equally "American" truck. put down the Kool-Aid.

Enjoy your safe full of Rugers, dude.

maybe you should go back and read, and perhaps attempt to understand this time, what I said. did I say always buy only American?

Bro if putting Turkey in the enemy category, then we americans have zero friends. Their leadership has issues but the best we can do is let the turks straighten things out, not slam the turkish people who are blameless in the political BS.

they also build some great firearms so win in my book.
Yeah, I certainly don't blame the people, or think we should punish the workers at Canik. I was pointing out the government is pretty intolerant, they portray themselves as democratic and secular but they're really not.

i was hoping Canik would have some new pistols at shot show but they're mostly just showing off the TP9SF elite. seems like companies aren't holding their new toys for shot show anymore. they release them ASAP and then do some more promoting at shot.

Yeah, I certainly don't blame the people, or think we should punish the workers at Canik. I was pointing out the government is pretty intolerant, they portray themselves as democratic and secular but they're really not.

Turks could say similar about American leadership for the past 8 years.

Own the 320 subcompact. Put 200 rounds through it yesterday at the range, have an aftermarket trigger in it and both my buddies who were with me couldn't believe how fun and accurate it was for the compact design. I also love that if I want I can buy the larger size frames/shells and swap out the trigger assembly. I am also picking up a Canik this weekend (FDE), can't beat the price IMO. One day I will own a VP9 too.

I may have a problem?[smile]

Own the 320 subcompact. Put 200 rounds through it yesterday at the range, have an aftermarket trigger in it and both my buddies who were with me couldn't believe how fun and accurate it was for the compact design. I also love that if I want I can buy the larger size frames/shells and swap out the trigger assembly. I am also picking up a Canik this weekend (FDE), can't beat the price IMO. One day I will own a VP9 too.

I may have a problem?[smile]

sweet , oh and you don't have a Problem........Yet.
I like the way the 320 feels in hand but not a big fan of the spongy trigger. I need to borrow one for a range trip to convince myself to actually buy one even though I have a CZ P10c and a Shadow 2 coming in soon there is always room for another.

I like the way the 320 feels in hand but not a big fan of the spongy trigger. I need to borrow one for a range trip to convince myself to actually buy one even though I have a CZ P10c and a Shadow 2 coming in soon there is always room for another.

The P10c sounds like a home run from CZ. I may have to get one to join my P01.

I own two P320s and I wouldn't call the triggers spongy. A tad heavy perhaps, yes, but spongy? lol.

My only complaint is the slightly older one I have does not have the adverse trigger in it, and the slap will raise a little blister in a couple hundred rounds or less. My newer one doesn't seem to slap as much but I think it already has the adverse in it because there's no hole above the trigger when the trigger is at rest.

-Mike

Love my canik easily my most accurate handgun it is a little muzzle flippy but I love the trigger and it works for me. I probably have 3000 rounds thru mine. Actually my tp9 and my b6p are my most accurate handguns that were the cheapest.

I first purchased a VP9 and really liked it. I definitely get the trigger bite and it gets uncomfortable. It's a well made gun and I don't think I'll ever sell it.

i also own every size P320 in 9mm including the RX model. I'm completely enamored by the product line and can absolutely see why Sig won the MHS contract. The grip size differences are perfect and track quite well with standard exam glove sizes (I'm a medium glove, medium grip fits perfect). I had a few quirks with my MA compliant model straight out of the gate but have since sold that one because I hated the manual safety. I haven't had a hiccup with any other gun.

i especially like the SC model. I find it to be carryable, stable and extremely accurate. I had a Shield previously that I just couldn't warm up to. The P320SC is a bit bigger and heavier for sure but I am far more likely to carry the Sig over the Shield.

I first purchased a VP9 and really liked it. I definitely get the trigger bite and it gets uncomfortable. It's a well made gun and I don't think I'll ever sell it.
My primary range gun is the VP9. 100 - 300 rounds aver couple weeks. I USED to get the bite, but now I don't. The trick is use very little finger. Like, way less than you normally would use. Now it shoots absolutely awesome. At first it was a little weird, but I got used to the finger position.

Back
Top Bottom