• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

VP9 has a nice trigger but why???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a VP9 as do a few buds and they all seem to have come with a trigger in the 5lb range rather than the mandated 10lb monsters. Why is that? Non of my other striker handguns had sweet triggers out of the box so WTH? I guess it will never make any sense and I'm still trying to figure out the 1911 triggers. Light and pretty good so what gives?

Mass doesn't tell manufacturers exactly what they have to do for AG compliance, so some go overboard with the Mass models.

I recall hearing that if it has an external safety, it doesn't require the 10 lb trigger.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'd bring it back immediately as to not end up in "bang me in the a**" jail! Then say twenty Hail Mary's. Peace be with you.

If you read the CMR, it is clear that the pistol must possess safety devices. It is not clear exactly which or to what extent, so manufacturers fall across a spectrum. It's vague, like just about everything else in MA gun laws/regs.

Are you the kid that reminded the teacher there was homework? [wink]

Some things are meant to be enjoyed and not questioned.

C06KaiY.gif

They must have found a way to meet these requirements:

940 cmr 16

(2) It shall be an unfair or deceptive practice for a handgun-purveyor to transfer or offer totransfer to any customer located within the Commonwealth any handgun which does not contain a mechanism which effectively precludes an average five year old child from operating thehandgun when it is ready to fire; such mechanisms shall include, but are not limited to: raisingtrigger resistance to at least a ten pound pull, altering the firing mechanism so that an averagefive year old child's hands are too small to operate the handgun, or requiring a series of multiplemotions in order to fire the handgun.(3) It shall be an unfair or deceptive practice for a handgun-purveyor to transfer or offer totransfer to any customer located within the Commonwealth any handgun which does not containa load indicator or magazine safety disconnect.(4) 940 CMR 16.05(2) shall not apply to handguns which have a hammer deactivation device.940 CMR 16.05(3) applies only to handguns that have a mechanism to load cartridges via amagazine.

Does Glock make the VP9? The answer might be that simple. The AG's office is obsessed with Glock for some reason.

ok Hoover. I put the trigger pull scale back on the vp9and I was wrong. The trigger breaks at exactly 10 pounds. I must have mistaken a clean smooth trigger with a light trigger. Noxin... interesting enough the vp9 does not have an external safety unless the trigger qualifies. It reminds me of the day I bought a 92 FS stainless and in the box was TWO 15 round factory magazines! I quickly called my local law enforcement officials and dropped a dime on the BATF. Then I went back to the store demanding 10 round magazine and an apology. Scofflaws everywhere you look. What about the 1911? Is that firearm okay because it uses 10 pounds of force to cock the hammer?

They claimed to disqualify Glocks for the loaded chamber indicator, not the trigger.

And yeah, if HKs get as popular as glocks, things might be different.

ok Hoover. I put the trigger pull scale back on the vp9and I was wrong. The trigger breaks at exactly 10 pounds. I must have mistaken a clean smooth trigger with a light trigger. Noxin... interesting enough the vp9 does not have an external safety unless the trigger qualifies. It reminds me of the day I bought a 92 FS stainless and in the box was TWO 15 round factory magazines! I quickly called my local law enforcement officials and dropped a dime on the BATF. Then I went back to the store demanding 10 round magazine and an apology. Scofflaws everywhere you look. What about the 1911? Is that firearm okay because it uses 10 pounds of force to cock the hammer?

Not sure if troll or serious...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom