VP 9

At this point, I'm just mad at myself for buying a brand new $600 gun in someone else's box and walking out the door with a wrong FA-10. I'm sure there is some way to fix an incorrect serial number on an FA-10 but I couldn't find it on the net. When Carl's guy said he would fix it, I hope he meant with the state and not just in Carl's bound book.

And yes, I would like some piece of paper that tells me that everything is good with the state.

FS can make changes to correct an erroneous FA-10, Carl had to do that on one of my Wife's purchases (it wasn't the S/N however) and then the state database will be correct. You can ask him for a copy of the corrected FA-10. Really not that difficult of a problem.

I ALWAYS verify S/N and model info on an FA-10 prior to signing it and I do that from the gun, not from any box.

The VP is the nicest striker fire gun I have shot, right up until you have to drop the mag. Stupid Europeans

I like it but i dont have a tiny fraction of the muscle memory you have developed and invested in.

Id say maybe they would come out with a button release like Walther did with the PPQ but its H&K...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

Correcting it with the state? meh... who cares. long as you have a receipt indicating the correct SN. There is nothing in MGL mandating that the data in the states crappy database be correct.

The ATF will have record of incorrect serial #. If they ask you to produce the gun it wont match up.

- - - Updated - - -

The VP is the nicest striker fire gun I have shot, right up until you have to drop the mag. Stupid Europeans

I happen to find the paddle system easy to learn....and if i can learn something then it must not be too difficult.

The ATF will have record of incorrect serial #. If they ask you to produce the gun it wont match up.

Long as I have a receipt with the correct one thats all that matters. Serial number ****ups happen all the time with gun traces, BTW, so it wouldnt be a surprise to the ATF agent pinging you.

Long as I have a receipt with the correct one thats all that matters. Serial number ****ups happen all the time with gun traces, BTW, so it wouldnt be a surprise to the ATF agent pinging you.
Issues now resolved thanks to the help of another great member here. [grin]

Last edited:
i don't think it would be an LE version if it had 10 rd mags?

the "LE" version has night sights. it's a source of confusion. i don't see how the "LE" could possibly stand for law enforecement.

it was an awful choice of letters by HK for their VP9 w night sights.

You are using your trigger finger or middle finger of your shooting hand to release the mag right?, using your thumb is a pain.

I don't want my trigger finger near the trigger guard when I'm trying to do a reload while running. I like to keep in on the slide. The design is like the serpa, seems like a good idea when standing around shooting slowly, but falls apart at speed

You are using your trigger finger or middle finger of your shooting hand to release the mag right?, using your thumb is a pain.

I don't want my trigger finger near the trigger guard when I'm trying to do a reload while running. I like to keep in on the slide. The design is like the serpa, seems like a good idea when standing around shooting slowly, but falls apart at speed

I've played with a walther with the trigger guard mag release. I can't reach with my trigger finger, I can with my middle finger, but it feels wicked stupid. My thumb can't do it. It wants to, and thats the problem, its too different than everything else I own.

the "LE" version has night sights. it's a source of confusion. i don't see how the "LE" could possibly stand for law enforecement.

it was an awful choice of letters by HK for their VP9 w night sights.

You're right, not a good choice of letters. Beside the night sights the LE version comes with 3 mags rather than 2.
I figured just might as well going for that as I know I will most likely change the sights and get more mags at some point.

You definately can get it with night sights in MA. I have seen the VP9 in 2 shops already with night sights. Not sure if you get 3 mags with, however.

You're right, not a good choice of letters. Beside the night sights the LE version comes with 3 mags rather than 2.
I figured just might as well going for that as I know I will most likely change the sights and get more mags at some point.

I'm sure most people here are already aware, but P30 and VP9 mags are identical....it's one reason I sprung some $$ for a VP9 since i already had mags.

It's two seconds to call mircs and fix something with the transfers. Then it can be reprinted (anytime). They should be able to make the call.

Also the vp9 vs vp9le the only deferents is the sights. I prefer the low profile of the vp9.
However the PPQ M2 is just nicer and better and the 5" model is just amazing and cool.

Reds

"Exclusivity is for everyone. Try us! You'll find us refreshing."

Back
Top Bottom