• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Vox accidentally admits most US gun deaths are suicides

Make no mistake about it. This is just the opening salvo so to speak. 403 people were killed by rifles (2017). How many were gang related? Bolt action? It's an easy target. Ban them and the problem goes away. Right? That's the first domino to fall. But wait.Thousands killed by handguns. So the lefts solution will be to ban handguns. You know, for the children.

I can't find a direct, recent stat, but how many people in Mass have been jailed under Bartley-Fox and received the mandatory one year in jail for illegal possession? I'll bet it's in the single digits. How about we enforce the laws first???

400,000+ die from smoking each year. Yeah, but those people are killing themselves, who cares. Except 41,000 die from second hand smoke. Tens of billions of dollars. Where is the hand ringing and outrage from the left?

So you take out suicides and you're apparently left with 15,000 deaths by guns in 2016.

That's down from a total of 38,000 (-23k for suicide)

Then you've got account for the fact that certain demographics extraordinarily outperform other demographics in the murder game.

I don't have the time to go look up the exact numbers (the FBI tabulates this stuff and keeps track of it - so I know it's out there)

But here's how the demographic factors in:

https://nypost.com/2017/09/26/all-that-kneeling-ignores-the-real-cause-of-soaring-black-homicides/

Nearly 900 additional blacks were killed in 2016 compared with 2015, bringing the black homicide victim total to 7,881. Those 7,881 “black bodies,” in the parlance of Ta-Nehisi Coates, are 1,305 more than the number of white victims (which in this case includes most Hispanics) for the same period, though blacks are only 13 percent of the nation’s population.

The increase in black homicides last year comes on top of a previous 900-victim increase between 2014 and 2015.

Who is killing these black victims? Not whites, and not the police, but other blacks.

On the surface it appears that about half of all actual murders -were black people. And those murders are almost exclusively committed by black people.

Given that the United States is armed to the teeth - that makes for an amazingly low murder rate - once you take away the suicides and the black murder demographic.
I picture a whiny little girl narrating this whole pissant

BU school of medicine: average suicide by firerarm is a white married male over 50 with some physical health issues... haha gee i wonder what that guy is upset about?

2017 numbers are strikingly similar to the 2016 numbers 23k + suicides 38K overall deaths

Either way, suicide is a suicide problem not a firearms problem.

They're throwing those numbers in there to suit their own agenda.

Just like they're ignoring other number to suit their own agenda.

Which is exactly why I bring up other directly related issues - like how much crime is committed by the "black community".

Watchin Kamala Harris and Spartacus on the news bitching about gun crime a couple of weeks back suddenly made me realize something.

These people have absolutely no right to be bitching at me about the fact that I own guns - or "assault weapons". They don't represent me in any way , shape, or form - and they have come right out and talked about how they're in politics to represent "their people". So as far as I am concerned each and every "black politician" who belongs to political organizations like the Black Caucus - has about as much right to represent me and try to inflict their poltical viewpoint on me - as a politician from some foreign country does. Since they want to cast themselves as representing the "black community" - then they have absolutely no legitimacy to say anything about MY "community" (white gun owners) - until they CLEAN UP THEIR OWN DAMN BACKYARD.

Now if a bunch of Chinese politicians want to start running - and standing up in front of the American people and say shit like : " Chinese Americans commit almost no crimes - and therefore we are tired of being subjected to the crimes committed against us by black and white Americans with guns" - I'd have to concede they have a logical and moral point.

All the right wing normtards are just going to continue to try and make the same tired arguments bringing up facts and figures to try and out-argue the gun banners. If you haven't figured out yet that this shit isn't working - I don't know how much sense I can possibly beat into you.

The way to win this fight is to do the same thing that Trump is doing. When the lefties start screaming about something ATTACK THEM. In this case the attack should be on one of the core constituencies that make up their base: black people. And the attack should revolve around the fact that their crime states are horrific.

When they start screaming about racism - it's only means you're doing it right.

And given the behavior of the typical leftie Democrat - once you spin up that shitshow - they'll go chase the squirrel and forget all about gun control.

Pay attention : facts and figures don't matter.

They're throwing those numbers in there to suit their own agenda.

Just like they're ignoring other number to suit their own agenda.

Which is exactly why I bring up other directly related issues - like how much crime is committed by the "black community".

Watchin Kamala Harris and Spartacus on the news bitching about gun crime a couple of weeks back suddenly made me realize something.

These people have absolutely no right to be bitching at me about the fact that I own guns - or "assault weapons". They don't represent me in any way , shape, or form - and they have come right out and talked about how they're in politics to represent "their people". So as far as I am concerned each and every "black politician" who belongs to political organizations like the Black Caucus - has about as much right to represent me and try to inflict their poltical viewpoint on me - as a politician from some foreign country does. Since they want to cast themselves as representing the "black community" - then they have absolutely no legitimacy to say anything about MY "community" (white gun owners) - until they CLEAN UP THEIR OWN DAMN BACKYARD.

Now if a bunch of Chinese politicians want to start running - and standing up in front of the American people and say shit like : " Chinese Americans commit almost no crimes - and therefore we are tired of being subjected to the crimes committed against us by black and white Americans with guns" - I'd have to concede they have a logical and moral point.

All the right wing normtards are just going to continue to try and make the same tired arguments bringing up facts and figures to try and out-argue the gun banners. If you haven't figured out yet that this shit isn't working - I don't know how much sense I can possibly beat into you.

The way to win this fight is to do the same thing that Trump is doing. When the lefties start screaming about something ATTACK THEM. In this case the attack should be on one of the core constituencies that make up their base: black people. And the attack should revolve around the fact that their crime states are horrific.

When they start screaming about racism - it's only means you're doing it right.

And given the behavior of the typical leftie Democrat - once you spin up that shitshow - they'll go chase the squirrel and forget all about gun control.

Pay attention : facts and figures don't matter.
Really, it is all B.S. if you ask me, just one distraction after another and some talking head with a "factual opinion" telling me or you or whomever what to think.
I just thought it was funny that a 50 year old white man with a family is the most depressed guy in america. Made me think of al bundy.
My point was more that suicide is not a problem caused by firearms, and really the two are unrelated in my opinion.

Also you said black caucus a few times and i think that is funny too.

400,000+ die from smoking each year. Yeah, but those people are killing themselves, who cares. Except 41,000 die from second hand smoke. Tens of billions of dollars. Where is the hand ringing and outrage from the left?

Don't forget alcohol liver related disease as well as vehicle deaths, drunk driving inclusive. Makes the small number of gun related deaths insignificant especially after deducting suicides.

Really, it is all B.S. if you ask me, just one distraction after another and some talking head with a "factual opinion" telling me or you or whomever what to think.
I just thought it was funny that a 50 year old white man with a family is the most depressed guy in america. Made me think of al bundy.
My point was more that suicide is not a problem caused by firearms, and really the two are unrelated in my opinion.

Also you said black caucus a few times and i think that is funny too.

If I was a black guy who could just crash at the baby-mama's welfare paid-for pad when I was not getting free room and board in jail - life would be pretty easy.

Actually being responsible and going to work every day can be pretty stressful. Not to mention the fact that when shit goes wrong everybody blames it on you.

Last time I checked nobody has started up a "blame the black men for misogyny" campaign.

Were not supposed to say it, but a lot of people would be better off if more people killed themselves..

And before you brand me as a nut job...in some states killing yourself is legal... and federally you can murder all the babies you want.

I find the government telling you you can’t cash your chips in to possibly be the dumbest laws ever.

I’m not talking about troubled teens or people with depression... not all suicides are irrational acts.

This is interesting, and in fact one of the main themes from the story "A Brave New World"
I agree with you, the idea that we are free is a joke when you consider thar we are not allowed to cash it in when we want.
Because we MUST be happy, we MUST be satisfied. How could we not be? Why with all the collective happiness would you or I ever be allowed to feel empty?
So lets take all those unhappys, bring them somewhere, and make em' smile. You know, 'get their mind right'. Then they can come back to society so happy they be whistling dixie out their a**holes. God forbid these individual unpleasant thoughts continue.

Scary.

Everyone must accept if there’s Atleast one person out there with a life not worth living, it’s likely more then just one... and to deny the most unhappy person on the planet a right to choose their fate is about as cruel as you can be..
I accept that there are people who sincerely believe that they're in such a situation. I've known quite a few of them. Some of whom actually went through with the act.

They were uniformly wrong. They all had something to live for. They all had other people to live for. They were just so blinded by and absorbed in their own issues that they couldn't see it.

Every one of them left behind someone who cared, and grieved. Even those who swore they had no one.

I thoroughly believe that each of us owns our own body, and has the moral right to do with it what we wish. But as social animals, if we owe anything to others, we owe it to them to not ambush them with sudden unexpected grief, and guilt.

When they start screaming about racism - it's only means you're doing it right. And given the behavior of the typical leftie Democrat - once you spin up that shitshow - they'll go chase the squirrel and forget all about gun control. Pay attention : facts and figures don't matter.

Exactly! When Rep. Elijah Cummings blamed Trump about the living conditions of the aliens held at the border, Trump turned it back on Cummings by pointing out the even worse conditions that people live under in Cummings' district in Baltimore. While this will not stop Cummings from spreading his BS, he certainly has been quiet in the past couple of months.

On the attack: Trump targets Cummings for second straight day

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom