Voting

I’m in Townsend. They wont let you in with as
much as a campaign sticker on. They call it
campaigning and that is not allowed in the voting area.
I never tried wearing a shirt though? Can they make you go home and change?

Lol. Yes. That's always been the way. I was wearing a spoof voting shirt once that advertised the Museum of Science, but which also had a donkey and an elephant on it. They had to get the town clerk hisself to let me in.

Gots to be completely apolitical in the polling place. It's why all the sign-carriers stay a certain distance from the building.

Lol. Yes. That's always been the way. I was wearing a spoof voting shirt once that advertised the Museum of Science, but which also had a donkey and an elephant on it. They had to get the town clerk hisself to let me in.

Gots to be completely apolitical in the polling place. It's why all the sign-carriers stay a certain distance from the building.
There is actually a state law to that effect. I think it is 200' from the polling location, but I could be off on the number.

I've never had problems with poll workers. I'll say the average age of poll workers dropped considerably this cycle. Several young people were volunteering. That was nice to see. Because Madge has trouble with things in alphabetical order or knowing that 320 is greater than 70. ;)

What if someone showed up wearing a retro hat from the 60's that says "Nixon/Agnew 68'", what would they do ???

There is actually a state law to that effect. I think it is 200' from the polling location, but I could be off on the number.
Came up yesterday, A volunteer for a congressional candidate was outside a polling place collecting signatures. The warden called the city clerk and checked on the distance. The volunteer was told they had to be 150 feet from the door.

Last edited:
I've never had problems with poll workers. I'll say the average age of poll workers dropped considerably this cycle. Several young people were volunteering. That was nice to see. Because Madge has trouble with things in alphabetical order or knowing that 320 is greater than 70. ;)
We've had the same folks at my polling place for a loooong time. I also know her well from town. I don't even have to tell her my address she opens right up to it.

My Trump hat is digi camo so I slipped right through. Until I proudly held out my blue ballot in the crowd of reds trying to hide theirs.

The ladies at my polling place were there when I cast my first ballot for President Reagan. Now I think they get wheeled in.

Legally speaking would a MAGA hat be considered a Trump hat? Also one might argue that persons of any party might want to Make America Great Again, they just might have different ideas as to what "great" was.

Back
Top Bottom