1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Voter Fraud Changed the Outcome of the New Hampshire U.S. Senate Race

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Acujeff, Sep 7, 2017.

1. TLB

TLB

I don't trust the poll workers....especially in areas dominated by one party.

Admin likes this.

2. jpk

jpk

then volunteer to be a poll watcher

3. TLB

TLB

To watch what? Ever try showing your ID to vote? I have. Try it sometime and see what happens.

4. Zappa

Zappa Road Warrior NES Member

Thread update:

http://www.unionleader.com/politics...d-on-claim-of-2016-voter-fraud-in-NH-11092017

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  5. TLB

TLB

Great video!

6. Zappa

Zappa Road Warrior NES Member

Update:

https://www.bustle.com/p/new-hampsh...ble-for-thousands-of-college-students-6776215

The writer of this article is obviously biased against the bills passage.

7. SpaceCritter

SpaceCritter NES Member

"Out of state people who have IDs from a different state" should be voting in said state and NOT in New Hampshire. Why is that so difficult to understand?

8. Admin

Admin Staff Member Administrator Moderator NES Member

I don't understand it either. IMO it's why NH is blue.

9. Super99Z

Super99Z NES Member

You guys are wrong cosmic, blindfire, Hillary Clinton and all the news media told us there was no fraud.

EJFudd likes this.
  10. Admin

Admin Staff Member Administrator Moderator NES Member

Horrible, EJFudd and Waher like this.
  11. EJFudd

EJFudd NES Member

Yeah, right! None at all. Nothing to see here folks... move on. :rolleyes:

12. Horrible

Horrible NES Member

I didn't think that it was legal to vote in two states. Unbelievable. What if people voted in SC and then got to vote in NC and VA? Doesn't favor the Dems? The left would be up in arms. Such BS.

If it wasn't for double standards, the left would have NO standards at all!

13. boiler_eng

boiler_eng

I am fairly sure out of state college students only want to vote in NH because it makes them feel like "more part of the process" because they know they they can/do flip the votes.

Admin likes this.
  14. Boris

Boris Son of Kalashnikov NES Member

wasn't there a promised crackdown on people double voting? Why not start throwing books at idiots because that's the only way idiots learn, by pain and a lot of it. People in this country, especially younger bunch need to start learning personal responsibility. It's not a victimless crime, the right to vote, i.e. to representation should be one of the most treasured rights, a responsibility of a citizen and any affront should be met with great vengeance and fuuuuuuurious anger!

15. jpk

jpk

It happens all the time.....and not just in elections.....happens at town hall meeting as well

students show up and say they are there to observe only then participate in voice votes........as someone who has called out these shenanigans in the middle of town hall meeting its hilarious to watch these students make excuses/slink away and for progressives to wring their hands and make excuses.......I'm sick and tired of it.

The GOP needs to grow a set and prohibit out of state students from voting PERIOD

16. boiler_eng

boiler_eng

I think it is a sticky item on how to determine when and how a new person can vote. When you say "out of state student" are you referring to the common occurrence of a student who maintains residency with their parents but travels to attend a university a certain amount of months a year? Or are you referring to someone who in all observations maintains a residence local to their university but is classified as out of state for revenue purposes of the university?

When I went to school I was in that first group and never attempted to claim residency in the state so I would never vote there, however I do know some people who for whatever reason just moved to the state and resided there including near full time employment, local drivers license, and only going "back to the parents" to visit at holidays. However for whatever reason they were for some time considered out of state students so supposedly the kid's parents couldn't try to wall hack out of state tuition by moving their kid to the state which is up to the university to decide but not sure it should drive the kid's voting rights.

17. dans

dans NES Member

In my town, there is a reserved area for observers. They are not allowed in the area for residents and cannot vote.

18. jpk

jpk

If you're paying out of state tuition....pretty much self explanatory.........if you dont qualify for in state tuition........just sayin'

Horrible likes this.
  19. Horrible

Horrible NES Member

More hypocrisy from the left. Its ok to vote twice, turn a blind eye. This is something that actually effected vote counts in 2016.

Then they are grand standing about all of this Russia collusion crap and how we have to "protect the integrity of our elections"

What a joke

20. caboose84

caboose84 NES Member

I went to college in NY, but I absentee voted in RI as I maintained my "residence" with my parents.

People in the military generally have a "home of record" different from where they are stationed, and they absentee vote there, keep their DL, car registration, pay taxes etc based on that address.

That is as it should be.

If kids at UNH/Dartmouth/Keene/Plymouth want to vote there, they should be living in housing that pays property taxes to that town, have their cars registered, Driver license, etc at that address. Perhaps if the schools paid property tax on student housing, then the students could be considered legitimate residents.

UNH and Durham do have a payment in lieu of property tax for their married student apartment complex, to cover costs of kids in the schools. It just changed from a generic payment system to a per student fee (http://www.unionleader.com/nh-angle...aff-and-students-in-local-apartments-20171205) which UNH will apparently cover.

21. boiler_eng

boiler_eng

I would contend that people who have changed residence (living in an apartment off campus) and have changed over their drivers license and registration, etc are residents regardless of their tuition classification for the university they are attending. If you live in the dorms and go home to mommy/daddy when classes aren't in session you are not a resident.

22. jpk

jpk

If you're living in a dorm it is by its very definition temporary housing for the duration of the time that classes are in session.......your sole motivation/reason for being there is for education.

if you're an in state student it would be easier to make an argument to support an argument to allow you to vote.......but if you're from out of state and being supported from a funding perspective by out of state parents then you should be treated as such........no voting....ESPECIALLY if someone from out of state is claiming you as a dependent on their taxes to another state

23. boiler_eng

boiler_eng

I am talking about:
    Living in apartment off campus
    Working as much as possible and employed year round
    All documents/personal tax forms would indicate a sole residence of state

The only difference between this case and susie "starving artist" who has parents bankrolling her apartment and lifestyle is that the person in question is enrolled in a university. Also, if its a private university its a moot point as there is no in/out of state.

State schools restrict who can qualify for in state tuition based on if you resided in the state before attending. If someone moved to a state for a job is there some magic period that they have to reside before they can vote? NO!

We are on the same page about the not really a resident students, but some exist in a grey area of not being on in-state tuition for reasons such as "Not attending secondary school in that state" or "Your parents don't own a home in the state" which shouldn't be the litmus test for if you are eligible to vote somewhere.

http://www.ecampustours.com/payingf...afsa/qualifyingforinstatetuition#.Wil3okqnFPY

[QUOTE ="
    Because your college of choice usually has the authority to determine whether you qualify, you should be ready to provide proof of residency and intent to remain a resident. Examples may include:

• Car or voter registration
    • Income tax returns with an in-state residential address
    • Records of attending secondary school in the state
    • State driver's license
    • Home ownership in the state
    • Local bank account
    • Records of full-time employment in the state
    • Local civic group or club involvement
    [/QUOTE]

I think driver's license in state (and make dorm addresses not acceptable for getting a license) would be a reasonable bar to cross. If state resident "students" are garaging out of state registered cars, lieing on forms, or other things those are separate offenses that they should face penalties for just as much as any other state resident who committed that offense.

24. jpk

jpk

This is the low hanging fruit and accounts for the overwhelming majority of students from out of state

if you're not paying your own way and/or you can be claimed as a dependent by someone in another state then you cant vote

We can talk until we are blue in the face about a very small number of fringe cases/people but implementing the above restrictions solves the problem

25. boiler_eng

boiler_eng

Reminds me of my SIL who was bragging away about how she registered locally and was going to go vote and how engaged in the process she felt ...... until she got to the building and realized they didn't have a primary election in the state that day.

26. JayMcB

JayMcB NES Member

Implementing those restrictions makes NH purple again. Which is better than blue, I guess

27. jpk

jpk

Sorta like "Republicans vote on first tues after nov 1......democrats vote the following day"

28. jpk

jpk

If you think that NH is blue/purple you're not paying attention

The entire legislature and executive branch is republican

29. caboose84

caboose84 NES Member

I think even proposing the school's pay property taxes on residence halls will actually get the schools to support voter id laws or at least more objective standards for domicile. That's a lot of real estate that is tax exempt, force the money issue and the schools (especially the private ones) will scream bloody murder.

Also going after party operatives who allow out of state operatives to claim their homes/offices as their residence when they are working on campaigns in order to vote- perhaps for violating occupancy permit's- has a lot of merit. You have 15 people who claim they live in Jeanne Shaheen's house or Bill Shaheen's office every 2 years- hmm what's up with that....

30. JayMcB

JayMcB NES Member

Was it Shaheen the Democrat who was elected recently, or the democrat Hassan?

Oh, wait, it was both.

Electing democrat Senators to BOTH spots, a position who arguably hold the least diluted power in DC makes the state pretty fvcking blue/purple. My 2c.

You could say the Senators from NH are just as conservative as the ones from MA....and not be far off. It's not like Shaheen or Hassan are ever on the fence about Demorat agenda shit.

I say this as a NH property owner who had hopes of escaping MA to NH in retirement for freedom. HAD hopes