Vote Jim Wallace for NRA Board

Holy crap, it's like the NRA doesn't actually want anyone to vote.

The ballot doesn't fit in the envelope unless you fold it both ways, and the stickum on the envelope flap is completely non-functional.

He was #1 on my ballot. For whatever reason they seem to be printing different ballots. I don't think it means anything.
It means they want a show of no bias.

Of course the "paid ad" telling you who to vote for faces the ballot. I wonder what would happen if an opposition group tried to buy equally prominent spacing, or demanded that in the interest of fairness, neither ad face the ballot. Plus who funded that "paid political ad?".

GOAL, and the NRA, should consider one of the professional online voting companies. You can get options like online, postal mail, 800 number or any combination thereof with the plausable deniability of chicannery by use of an independent outside firm and boost your voting percentage. Ooops, guess I answered my own question there :).

And, if GOAL continues the multiple order name technique, color code the different ballot types. Having all three on the same color paper made counting the names marked off a time consuming nightmare.

Yea, but my club requires membership.

HA you need a new club!

It's an insurance issue. I have no problem with it. You obviously are not a member. You have access to 1 2 3 and 600 yard ranges with archery, skeet, trap, indoor and outdoor 25 50 and 100 foot ranges as well as 25, 50, 100 yard covered outdoor range? 24 hour access and no dues after 65 after a lengthy membership. I don't need another club.

You might want to consider joining, but then you would have to join the NRA.

I think you have to be a member for five consecutive years in order to vote.
True, or a Life member.

GOAL, and the NRA, should consider one of the professional online voting companies. You can get options like online, postal mail, 800 number or any combination thereof with the plausable deniability of chicannery by use of an independent outside firm and boost your voting percentage. Ooops, guess I answered my own question there :).

And, if GOAL continues the multiple order name technique, color code the different ballot types. Having all three on the same color paper made counting the names marked off a time consuming nightmare.
Is GOAL even sending out ballots anymore? I haven't received one in many years now. Life Member and no address change to blame to date.

It's an insurance issue. I have no problem with it. You obviously are not a member. You have access to 1 2 3 and 600 yard ranges with archery, skeet, trap, indoor and outdoor 25 50 and 100 foot ranges as well as 25, 50, 100 yard covered outdoor range? 24 hour access and no dues after 65 after a lengthy membership. I don't need another club.

You might want to consider joining, but then you would have to join the NRA.
Nope, widely held mis-information.

NRA hasn't required full club membership to get insurance thru them for many years. I learned this many years ago from one of my club's investigation into insurance options for the club.

NRA hasn't required full club membership to get insurance thru them for many years. I learned this many years ago from one of my club's investigation into insurance options for the club.
Keep in mind the #1 requirement to become NRA endorsed insurance is payment of a commission to the NRA on every policy.

We got a policy from a non-NRA affiliate at Hopkinton that, the last I checked, does not have the NRA "swiss cheese", including:

- No coverage for hunting accidents
- No coverage for anything involving a firearms in a motor vehicle
- No coverage for sexual abuse by any party - club officer, member, or other

Last edited:
Guess I’ll be calling NRA Member Services tomorrow. I don’t have a ballot in my magazine. Been a life member for about 10 years. Even says life on the address label.

Just voted for Jim only. He was #1 out of 39 on the list. Good Luck Jim.
It would be interesting to do a multivariate analysis to see if there is any meaningful difference in voting patterns based on which of the five ballot variations a member received.

Back
Top Bottom