Vote Jim Wallace for NRA Board

Well, at least he is in the arena. You?
I was doing my part as Comm2A treasurer/director. And you?

My comment was not a criticism of Jim, but an observation of the realities of a tightly controlled board where one must go along to get along. He has the Hobson's choice of be ineffective at making change or accept that he will not get re-elected. The fact that the choice exists is not his doing.

Bullet vote, or are their some on the ballot that aren't licking LaPierre's ass?

I am voting only for Jim. I was disappointed to see that all candidates were nominating committee endorsed, which means that chances are nobody on the board took a stand against LaPeirre's chicannery. Of course it's a catch-22, especially for a one year director, when doing so means you will not be on the list of people the NRA politburo tells you to vote for.

Last edited:
NRA elections are weird! It took forever last year before results were released. I was told that Jim won, then months later I was told that he lost. I don't trust them any more than the current mob in DC!
They had to keep counting until they got the results they wanted.

Did you guys get a chance to listen to the latest season of Gangster Capitalism? This season focuses on the NRA. Pretty interesting stuff. Have a listen here -> Gangster Capitalism

Thanks for the suggestion! Just downloaded. I will report back.

Strange site. Appears to be mostly "hit pieces", some with very obvious real problems. Has several references to the NRA and Wayne LaPierre but most of these lead back to season 3 (?) and Liberty University.

Unless I am missing something it's not a site I'd put near the top of sites to be trusted.

Strange site. Appears to be mostly "hit pieces", some with very obvious real problems. Has several references to the NRA and Wayne LaPierre but most of these lead back to season 3 (?) and Liberty University.

Unless I am missing something it's not a site I'd put near the top of sites to be trusted.

It's not really a "site" so to speak, but a podcast series.

Hmm, they don't make it easy to get back to previous seasons via the website itself, but any podcast player should be able to get the job done.

Any director who tried to fix that would find him/herself lacking the "Nominating committee endorsement" telling sheep like members who to vote for.

The heart of the problem is that no one on the board dare to take a position against the established career leadership. I predict Jim will either have to explain why he will vote in favor of Wayne or kiss his seat on the board goodbye. It's the ultimate in "go along to get along".

Any director who tried to fix that would find him/herself lacking the "Nominating committee endorsement" telling sheep like members who to vote for.

The heart of the problem is that no one on the board dare to take a position against the established career leadership. I predict Jim will either have to explain why he will vote in favor of Wayne or kiss his seat on the board goodbye. It's the ultimate in "go along to get along".
Sounds like politics in general and mass politics specifically.

Said I would report back to @prasta after listening to the Gangster Capitalism Season 2 podcast on the NRA. Definitely worth listening to. As someone else commented, it is both interesting and sad, particularly how much of members' (our) money was wasted.

Have results been posted yet on who won? I bullet-voted for Jim, but I never expected that the election would be run fairly.
My guess is the vote count is accurate, but the "nominating committee endorsement" and "recommending people best for the org for you to vote for" makes the election a farce. If Jim honestly tries to fix the feeding trough syndrome, he can expect to lose that critical endorsement. It's like "student government" - give the "reps" minimal real influence over things, while those really in charge do not give up any actual authority or power.

It seems that WLP's strategy is plead both ignorance and incompetence.

Bold strategy, Charles A. Cotton.

Back
Top Bottom