Vortex VIP Lifetime Warranty

StevieP

NES Member
Just a quick attaboy for Vortex.

I have an older (at least six years old??) Vortex Strikefire Red/Green dot sight.

Sometime in the last few months the on/off switch died. The same switch also changes it from red to green and back. It wouldn't shut off, and was stuck on 'red'. Only way to turn it off was to take out the battery, or risk it being dead next time you picked it up.

I didn't even know they have a lifetime VIP warranty program. Figured I was SOL and was looking at their site to see what their current offerings were when I found out about it.

Net-net, I sent my old sight to them last week, and they're FEDEX'ing back my same, repaired sight. I'm glad b/c I like it better than the replacement versions.

Nice to know there are good American companies who stand behind their products and provide such a lifetime warranty.

Just a quick attaboy for Vortex.

I have an older (at least six years old??) Vortex Strikefire Red/Green dot sight.

Sometime in the last few months the on/off switch died. The same switch also changes it from red to green and back. It wouldn't shut off, and was stuck on 'red'. Only way to turn it off was to take out the battery, or risk it being dead next time you picked it up.

I didn't even know they have a lifetime VIP warranty program. Figured I was SOL and was looking at their site to see what their current offerings were when I found out about it.

Net-net, I sent my old sight to them last week, and they're FEDEX'ing back my same, repaired sight. I'm glad b/c I like it better than the replacement versions.

Nice to know there are good American companies who stand behind their products and provide such a lifetime warranty.

I had heard about it and it helped make the decision on a 1-8 scope. The scope itself is nice, but the no questions asked lifetime warranty was a big selling point.

am a bit surprised I thought they had a limited warranty on the electronics?

Everyone else has the electronics exclusion in their lifetime warranty. Vortex is the only one I have found that does not have a clause like "optics limited to n years".

with a few exceptions vortex is way behind the competition in technology, perhaps they make it up with warranty. when it comes to red dots their product line is nowhere near the competition.

Yep. the whole product. For life. No extra charge. If they can't fix it they'll substitute a current production 'equivalent.'

They only sent an email saying it was on the way, but from the sounds of it they did fix mine, not substitute something else.

I had the same one and there was some kind of ring that came lose inside.
It was in the field of view but didn't affect function.
Sent it back and within a week a brand new one showed up with the upgraded on/off switch (Moved from the side to the back.)
You can't beat that for customer service.

Last year I had my dad’s really old leupold repaired under their warranty. I actually figured they’d replace it due to the age but they repaired it perfectly and he thought it was great since he’s had many good hunting trips with that old scope. It’s nice when companies stand behind their product.

with a few exceptions vortex is way behind the competition in technology, perhaps they make it up with warranty. when it comes to red dots their product line is nowhere near the competition.

I'm not a professional operator, operating operationally. The Strikefire does 95% of what an Aimpoint does (or, at least what I need it to do), at less than half the price of what an Aimpoint Pro (when I was looking at the time) cost.

I had a problem years ago with a 6-24×50mm scope and sent back just the glass. They sent a brand new replacement with all the extra stuff that I had kept. Very surprised to say the least.

20181109_124657.jpg

Aaaaalrighty then.

Vortex sent me a brand new in box (with new cantilever mount and better caps) StrikeFire II Red/Green dot sight as a complete replacement of my ~six year old "original StrikeFire." It has several improvements that I like (notably the on/off switch and dot color selection buttons are improved).

It's even threaded to take my original 'doubler'. Consider me impressed.

They sent two hats and a 'stuff' bag, too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom