• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x Scope

Has anyone tried Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x out yet? I'm looking at optics for might lightweight AR build.
In this article- { 10 } Best 1-6x Scopes - 2019 True Reviews & Expert Opinion got some positive info and great features about it.
I have also been considering Trijicon acupoint 1-6x24 but I'm not sure how it will compare to the magnified optic as a general purpose optic.
Any suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks

I tried so many scopes 2017-2018
What I learned quick is you need to be happy with the reticle.
Then the end use.
If your looking for a PBR zero and forget it a nice simple reticle is great. Trijicon does this well. There acupoint line with simple reticles and that non electronic 1/2 moa dot are great.
Then it comes to price.
Vortex is hard to beat at under $500 but the reticle for me is way to busy.

Hi Florence.
First, I strongly advise you not to take any review seriously that places products from Monstrum tactical and Truglo among the top 10 scopes on the market.
Next, maybe you could give us an idea of your price range, the purpose of the rifle it goes on, and the type of performance you want/need.
As far as the strike eagle, what kept me from getting it was that the red dot illumination is just about useless in bright daylight, which takes the point of the 1x setting. The lowest I'd go (and I actually did) is the Vortex Viper PST 1-6 gen II.

I have the second gen strike eagle 1-8x and love it for the money. The second generation does have a daylight bright reticle that on low power is similar to a eotech. Although, not as bright or as refined. The bullet drop compensation hashes are spot on and with a quick throw lever magnification adjustments are smooth and easy.

It’s not a precision scope, but for a good all around scope for short money(for scopes anyway) it does well.

Back
Top Bottom