• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Volquartsen feedback wanted

I really like what I see on Volquartsen's website for custom Mark III's.
Does anyone know if they are MA Compliant? The serial numbers are for a Ruger Mk III Target pistol and since that is compliant I would hope the custom pistol based on it would be as well.
Also looking for comments from anyone who has had experience with one of their custom Mk III's - good, bad or what?
I see where a lot of people recommend their upgrade parts (grips, actions, etc) but not much about the custom pistols.
I was thinking of buying a regular Ruger Hunter or Competition but decided by the time I upgraded the action, grips, etc I would be close to the custom price anyway so why not spend the money and skip the hassle - assuming its compliant.

I suppose if you could find an ffl willing to do the transfer.
I just don't see the rationale of those prices. Don't forget to add the shipping charge and the transfer fee. Most people will buy the MkIII then add the Volquartsen upgrade kit or just do the Volquartsen trigger and sear and they're into it for under $500.00. They end up with a nice pistol and a nice trigger.
Most of those prices are over $1000.00. If I was going to spend that much on a .22 I'd get a Model 41. It's super reliable, breaks down extremely easy, has a great factory trigger and is match-ready out of the box.
JMO

I know they have great sales on the site for parts every once and a while. 5bucks for this or that.....just saying. if you can find a old MKII BBarrel around you can really hit 1"-2"@ 50ft properly set up on a rest .

I like the Volquartsen stuff and from shows that I have seen it's real good stuff. When I order stuff for my Rugers I order Volquartsen stuff.

Back
Top Bottom