• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Visuals of Concealment Methods

Well, I've tried to get a location, but the required need to use real guns (not enough Blue Guns to cover every type, size, etc.) has made the board of my club nervous.

Anyone have a location suggestion?
Yup... same place we did the OC class. If we're serious about this, let's pick a date and start a thread in the Members section.

I have made a bunch of mistakes over the years and while not a member would welcome the opportunty to do some swapping..

My 2cents. as a smaller person 5'9" @ 150 about the only things I can get away with are the Keltec p32 with the knife clip type deal and possibly depending on weather a j-frame. Anything else looks like a condition needing immediate surgery..

One thing you want to remember about concealment holsters, is where you place the holster, is going to depend on garments used for concealment and what activities you participate in.... example sitting in a car, playing pool, hiking, etc...

Other things to look at are what happens if you get into tussle and you go to the ground, slammed up against a wall, sitting all day, etc...

Ankle holster.

Really? I always hated ankle holsters. Slllloooooooooowwwww draw. Also you'd tend to lose the gun three steps into a run. But that's my preference. Too each his own.

My standard has been - if you knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you would be in a gunfight tomorrow, what would you change today?

Then change it. [smile]

My plans for tomorrow. [thinking]

+1 rep, brilliant answer. Hahah!

As for me, I recently started carrying, S&W442 strong side, 4 o'clock. 3 and 2 get in the way when I'm sitting at my desk or in my car. At 4 o'clock I don't even notice the gun is there, and neither does anyone else.

Rep point for you Sir!

Good one.
Alas, it's not original. Ken Maurer posted once about going to a party with his wife. When she looked at him putting his gun on, she asked him if he expected to need it at the the party. His reply? "If I expected to need it, we wouldn't be going!"

Here's my CCW* technique.

tribe1.JPG

* Constitutionally Carried Weapon

Alas, it's not original. Ken Maurer posted once about going to a party with his wife. When she looked at him putting his gun on, she asked him if he expected to need it at the the party. His reply? "If I expected to need it, we wouldn't be going!"

I'm sure it goes back before Ken too. It was probably popularized by one of the early group of trainers like Jeff Cooper or Massad Ayoub. I read some great advice somewhere that most confrontations can be avoided if you avoid going to stupid places and doing stupid things with stupid people.

Back
Top Bottom