• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Visiting Boston, any worthwhile Gunshops to visit?

Goodday gents,

I'm putting into Boston in a few days, and was wondering if there's any good gunshops in the area that I should add to my list of destinations while in town?

I'm a service rifle shooter from Canada, so my interests lie mostly in that style of shooting and associated equipment. I'm also working on my IPSC BB when I have time back home, and so have some cross interest in handgun shooting too.

Any input is welcome gents, thanks!

NavyShooter

Boston proper doesn't have any gun shops as we know it.

There are gun shops in the area but they require a car to get to them. The best are Four Seasons in Woburn www.fsguns.com and Collectors in Stoneham http://www.collectorsguns.com Both of them close at ~4PM on Saturdays. Lots of info about them and others can be found on our Gun Shops forum here.

Both have interesting rifles, but you can't buy any guns or ammo in MA unless you have a MA permit and live in the state (military OK if based in the state). And if you live in Canada, oh well! Both have some supplies, can't say if you'll find anything interesting or not.

You might take a look at the competitions forum here to see if anything is happening in the area this weekend.

Are you in the Canadian Navy? Where will you be docked? South Boston?

NavyShooter said:
Goodday gents,
I'm also working on my IPSC BB when I have time back home, and so have some cross interest in handgun shooting too.
We don't need to stinkin badges here in the US (BB=Black Badge), so check out www.uspsa-ne.org for a list of SUPSA/IPSC matches. If you;re ready to shoot one, I'm sure we can find you a suitable weapon to use.

NavyShooter said:
Goodday gents,

Any input is welcome gents, thanks!

NavyShooter

Hi NavyShooter! Don't forget about us dames... You'll feel very welcome in MA. Our gun laws are almost as good as the ones in Toronto [twisted]

Sound like Rob may hook you up with some trigger time?

If not, aren't there ranges in MASS or Boston area where you can rent guns and range time?

If you have time, and just want to look at some guns, rent a car for the day and take ride about 60 minutes north of Boston. Very impressive...

http://www.kitterytradingpost.com/

All the gun shop around here are very small with limited selection and at most you have to show an MASS LTC to handle a gun.

Back
Top Bottom