• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Virtual Firearms instruction in MA, just got and email from MSP

Sweet. I steady have my LTC I was just informed I need the hunting course before I get my lHunting license
if i were you, i would take an online course for a state that allows them, and has cheap out-of-state hunting licenses. Then i would get their hunting license. THEN i would get a MA license, saying you already are licensed in another state. Anyone know if that would work?

by the way, once you DO get your basic hunter safety certificate,, keep that certificate number forever. If you need a hunting license in another state twenty years from now...you will need that number!

Thank you Len for the information on the LTC 017 course. This is what I thought.
On another note
This post has nothing to do with driver's licenses in this state or any other if you want to discuss driver's licenses start another post
Thank you

Just add 'megathread' to your title. That should fix it.

if i were you, i would take an online course for a state that allows them, and has cheap out-of-state hunting licenses. Then i would get their hunting license. THEN i would get a MA license, saying you already are licensed in another state. Anyone know if that would work?

by the way, once you DO get your basic hunter safety certificate,, keep that certificate number forever. If you need a hunting license in another state twenty years from now...you will need that number!
You can skip the license in that state, IIRC. The certificate is good anywhere. I went straight from TX cert to MA hunting license

You can skip the license in that state, IIRC. The certificate is good anywhere. I went straight from TX cert to MA hunting license
good to know.

i know that does NOT work for LTC. My sister took a pistol safety course in AZ, and they laffed at her when she tried to get her LTC here in MA with it.

good to know.

i know that does NOT work for LTC. My sister took a pistol safety course in AZ, and they laffed at her when she tried to get her LTC here in MA with it.
LTCs are different. The requirements are set by the state. Hunter's Ed certs are accepted everywhere in North America.

Back
Top Bottom