• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Virginia Sheriff Vows to Deputize Thousands of Citizens in State Passes Gun Restrictions

Reptile

NES Member
County passes resolution to protect citizens’ right to bear arms
The sheriff of a county in Virginia says he’s ready to deputize thousands of citizens if the state legislature passes laws restricting the Second Amendment.

At a board meeting Tuesday where a resolution was passed declaring Culpeper County a “constitutional county,” Sheriff Scott Jenkins said he will vigorously defend the “God-given” right of citizens to own firearms.

“The right to bear arms—some believe that the Second Amendment gives us that right, when in fact it’s a God-given right. If you don’t believe in God, it’s a law of nature that every creature can defend their lives from threats,” Jenkins said.

Furthermore, Jenkins added he is prepared to deputize numerous citizens if that’s what it takes to comply with new gun laws.

Whats coming out of this is the beginning of discussion of due process wrt so called red flag laws being pushed by tyrants

The public discussion about the unconstitutionality of these laws is going to propel this issue to state/fed court challenges

The NRA isnt going to fund a challenge to bad arrests/laws so I think we need to consider a go fund me type of program and recruitment of lawyers like robert levy who led the heller challenge.....libertarian leaning lawyers across the country
Donate here:

Whats coming out of this is the beginning of discussion of due process wrt so called red flag laws being pushed by tyrants

The public discussion about the unconstitutionality of these laws is going to propel this issue to state/fed court challenges

The NRA isnt going to fund a challenge to bad arrests/laws so I think we need to consider a go fund me type of program and recruitment of lawyers like robert levy who led the heller challenge.....libertarian leaning lawyers across the country
The NRA would get in if it looks like a win.

I looked into similar options in MA, but it seems that when you’re a reserve LEO in MA, you still need to put in hours like a regular officer. I was hoping there was some sort of auxiliary position where one would only be called upon in emergencies.

Actually, if anybody knows of PDs who could use some part time intelligence work from a reserve LEO, I’d be interested.

Progressive absolutely HATE sheriffs. Elected Law Enforcement vs appointed by bureaucrats - what could be worse?

This article on sheriffs describes every way they are wrong, bad and ought be gotten rid of - The Power of Sheriffs: Explained

Something about flouting gun controls laws.... Even Wikipedia says “Elected sheriffs are accountable directly to the citizens of their county, the constitution of their state, and ultimately the United States Constitution.” Nothing about the Governor and Legislators.

Progressive absolutely HATE sheriffs. Elected Law Enforcement vs appointed by bureaucrats - what could be worse?

This article on sheriffs describes every way they are wrong, bad and ought be gotten rid of - The Power of Sheriffs: Explained

Something about flouting gun controls laws.... Even Wikipedia says “Elected sheriffs are accountable directly to the citizens of their county, the constitution of their state, and ultimately the United States Constitution.” Nothing about the Governor and Legislators.

I spent way too much time trying to figure out why Flo’s insurance company hates sheriffs.

Back
Top Bottom