Village Sports, No more transfers.

1903Collector

NES Member
Just an FYI, went into Village Sports today to do a transfer with another member, I got there early so one of the people behind the counter asked what I needed, I said I was here to do a transfer and I was waiting for the other party to show up.

Well, they told me they do not do transfers anymore....at all...because they are too busy ( there were two other people in the shop) and it wasn't worth it money wise, which I kinda get but this is kind of an essential service for gun owners. So Just be aware if you go in there and try to do a transfer.

BTW, we went right down the road to shooting supply and they had no problem doing the transfer...and they were a lot busier!

Last edited:
Something very strange is going on with them. If I didn't know better, I'd think they were getting ready to sell or exit the business. [thinking]
It's an unprecedented time right now in terms of the country and gun sales. If they'd rather focus on selling guns instead of transfers right now, then that's their choice. When things are slower I'm sure they'll go back to doing transfers.

It's an unprecedented time right now in terms of the country and gun sales. If they'd rather focus on selling guns instead of transfers right now, then that's their choice. When things are slower I'm sure they'll go back to doing transfers.
Could be but it sure didn't sound that way. I don't work in a gun shop so maybe I'm full of shit but how much more work is it doing a transfer as opposed to a new gun sale?

Could be but it sure didn't sound that way. I don't work in a gun shop so maybe I'm full of shit but how much more work is it doing a transfer as opposed to a new gun sale?
Same amount of work at the point of sale, maybe a little more at the time because you have to log the gun in first, but I'd rather do transfers than retail sales. You don't have to worry about collecting taxes, or risk your own money on a gun that might not sell. For the regular stuff (not high end), you can barely make money on the gun anyway.

I always view transfers as a way to get a warm body with money in the shop. Some customers are cheap a**h***s, but most will end up dropping extra coin on something- ammunition, cleaning supplies, holsters, etc.

Not doing transfers (or charging ridiculous and punitive fees) limits or alienates the customer base at best.

Demand is greater than supply right now, the shelves are probably pretty thin, I can't imagine that they "don't have time" for a transfer.
Doesn't make good business sense to turn away a transfer. If I owned the joint, I wouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom