• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Village Sports, No more transfers.

To me a gun transfer is easy money. But apparently they are too busy trying to sell their overpriced guns. Shooting Supply transfer is $25 and that is the cheapest I’ve seen in a long time.
Presicion Point charged $20 this past weekend. Great guy.

J&J in Dedham charges $20. Also, great guys.

Plenty of places that charge $20. I'm sure some in Littleton charge $20.

Anyway, $25 is not bad. I would pay the $5 if it meant I dont have to drive far.

Good for you guys down there.

A few clicks north, Littleton is Gun Heaven.
Went up there a few weeks back to do some business, for a few seconds I questioned whether I was in MA any longer or some alternate reality. It's probably not a bad thing for my bank account that I live so far away!

Well I have a strange approach for certain in that I am happy to pay $25 transfer fee. I know more than one shop which stays alive because of it. Back in the day there were far fewer little mom and pop gun stores. It didn't require a FFL and a lot if not most guns got sold mail order or in hardware stores or department stores. The margin on firearms is miserable and has always been thin. One of my favorites in Lima, Oh. was Griffith and Sons. Two brothers who principally rebuilt starters and alternators and in the back had a small gun shop. When the Koreans began exporting rebuilt auto parts for a ¼ of what they could provide them they went to full time gun sales. It was the transfer fees that kept them floating for years. They had been much more prosperous with auto parts. I don't know any rich FFL retail shops. We gun enthusiast as a group are almost a cheap and tight as ham radio operators. $25 is a small price to pay a dozen times a year to have the LGS breathing.

Why not just charge $60 for online purchase, $25 for face to face?

Eliminate the part you don't want to support as an FFL and reduce the blowback from your regular customers.

Presicion Point charged $20 this past weekend. Great guy.

J&J in Dedham charges $20. Also, great guys.

Plenty of places that charge $20. I'm sure some in Littleton charge $20.

Anyway, $25 is not bad. I would pay the $5 if it meant I dont have to drive far.

I would pay up to $50 at the drop of a hat to anyone who is efficient and isn't a dink. Most of the guys I use are at 30 bucks, some 25. I've had other guys that were
at $35-$40 in the past and none of them had complaints. Then again they were both pretty efficient and also not gay about compliance garbage, too.

I would pay up to $50 at the drop of a hat to anyone who is efficient and isn't a dink. Most of the guys I use are at 30 bucks, some 25. I've had other guys that were
at $35-$40 in the past and none of them had complaints. Then again they were both pretty efficient and also not gay about compliance garbage, too.
That too. $10-20 won't break the bank and for some guns it is totally worth it.

For comparison. what are the upper-end prices you've seen for a xfer in Mass...???

For comparison. what are the upper-end prices you've seen for a xfer in Mass...???

I think the most I ever paid was 40 bucks, setting aside the strange situations where there are dealers that insist on charging you the sales tax on the inbound value of the
gun.

Why not just charge $60 for online purchase, $25 for face to face?

Eliminate the part you don't want to support as an FFL and reduce the blowback from your regular customers.

I already know dealers that do this. And some charge more for PUDS or reject PUDS transfers outright.

The ones that are the "BWEAH WE DON DO TRANSFER!" (despite not putting a sign up out front) are just pulling a douche for the sake of douching.

Back
Top Bottom