• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Vietnam

Our company was co-located with the 93 Evacuation Hospital (Long Binh III Corps north of Saigon). As a Dustoff pilot I got to see what these nurses went through on a daily basis and believe me, I don't know how their lives after Vietnam could resemble anything approaching normal. These young ladies were absolutely exceptional. God bless them all.

Our company was co-located with the 93 Evacuation Hospital (Long Binh III Corps north of Saigon). As a Dustoff pilot I got to see what these nurses went through on a daily basis and believe me, I don't know how their lives after Vietnam could resemble anything approaching normal. These young ladies were absolutely exceptional. God bless them all.
DO22....10-4 BROTHER

I lost two close friends in Nam, both during the Tet Offensive. I was quite a bit younger then they were but I still can't watch some movies and documentaries about Nam even after all these years. One of the friends was an assistant scout master in the troop I was in that was drafted in the Corps. The other was drafted into the Army, he was one of my best friends older brother and we spent a lot of time together.

Both were 19 years old when they were KIA.

Last edited:
I understand Timbo, I have yet to build up the resolve to visit a moving Wall, let alone the original.

A lot of my little league team resides there.
I went to the moving wall once when I lived in NH. We lived right next door to the NH State Veteran's Cemetery so it was a quick several minute walk to go see it.. When I saw the names of my friends, I just fell apart, cried like a baby and the memories came rushing back like it was yesterday.

P.S. I wasn't the only one crying.

In the evening, they played taps and I when I heard it, I involuntarily snapped to attention and my eyes would get misty.

Will watch.
My uncle served in a MASH unit in Korea. He was the equivalent to "Radar".
The few stories he told me about the nurses and doctors in that unit gave me the respect I have for veterans today.
Living at the end of the runway at Westover SAC base in Chicopee during the 60s and 70s gave me a dream to be a pilot. I wanted to serve but couldn't due to my hearing loss.

Will watch.
The few stories he told me about the nurses and doctors in that unit gave me the respect I have for veterans today.
Living at the end of the runway at Westover SAC base in Chicopee during the 60s and 70s gave me a dream to be a pilot. I wanted to serve but couldn't due to my hearing loss.
Did you get your pilot certificate?

Having been a causality at the 93rd Evac during Tet of 68, they were all Angels to me......
You know Kim, you just corrected a misconception regarding my initial evac hospital of my dustoff during the first week of fighting TET-68. I can see by the layout. chopper view and ground view, it was the the 93rd Evac instead of the 3rd field in Saigon. You could have been the grunt next to me who got shot thru the lung but his metal signal pocket mirror had stopped a killing round. We both laughed like hill at the absurdity of our situation, well the morphine was a laugh factor as well...Respect

Will watch.
What ?

Back
Top Bottom