• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Vietnam MIA Statistics

24 May 1944
The 32nd FS (CACW) dive-bombed and rocketed a target on Yuncheng.

Captain Armit Lewis of the 7th FS (CACW) made the ultimate statement of his feelings about his enemies during an attack on anti-aircraft batteries at Shanhsien. The young officer, according to squadron lore, accomplished a feat worthy of Houdini by somehow lowering his pants, defecating into a brilliant orange scarf, then dropping his stink bomb out of the cockpit onto the surprised Japanese gunners below! ”Yes, it is true,” Lewis confirmed in 1985. ”Being an old farm boy at heart, I was used to having my ‘morning constitutional’ on time, every morning. For some reason on that particular day our takeoff was moved up a couple of hours. When we got over the target area I found I was becoming more interested in a call of nature than I was in looking out for Zeroes. Off with the parachute harness, removal of my fine embroidered silk scarf, and the movement was accomplished - along with frequent interrogations from my Chinese wingman: ‘Whassa matter? You all light?’ Disposed of the debris, back on with the parachute, and on with the mission. It wasn’t easy! And, of course, I never lived it down. Never did get another scarf as fine as that one was, either.”
Gotta love that pilot. Probably the only person in the whole military effort, that crapped on the enemy, literally.

Back
Top Bottom