• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Video, Switzerland and guns...

I just got aroused.

What are those cylinders they were firing the rifles through?

Are they also required to keep and maintain a sidearm as well? Can they carry said sidearm legally?

Good info, gunner 30, thanks.

The only thing that they didn't take from me during my mandatory service it was the boots and underwear.

Ish.

I believe the cylinders are utilized for muzzle noise reduction. Pretty nice range they get to shoot at. Ish.... Where abouts are you originally from??
Gunner

I believe the cylinders are utilized for muzzle noise reduction. Pretty nice range they get to shoot at. Ish.... Where abouts are you originally from??
Gunner

Spain. Over there we did have mandatory servive until 1,994 or 1,995 not sure, but nothing like the video for sure. It is nice no know that there are countries in which they teach you how to use a weapon and they give you such weapon. On top of that, they almost are crime free, that's very nice.

Ish.

Nice vid, too bad that would never happen over here. All the gang bangers would have a field day with those weapons.

Take solace in knowing that there would be WAAAAYYY more "good" people than bad people in a situation like this. It would take a period of adjustment (gun battles in the streets), just like any negative feedback loop, but eventually the really bad/stupid people would be wiped out by the overwhelming number of good/reasonable people.

Take solace in knowing that there would be WAAAAYYY more "good" people than bad people in a situation like this. It would take a period of adjustment (gun battles in the streets), just like any negative feedback loop, but eventually the really bad/stupid people would be wiped out by the overwhelming number of good/reasonable people.

Exactly, this is why the founders put shall not be infringed because they knew the good would outnumber the bad and eventually the bad would be removed from society.
They were very wise and realized that infringements would only disarm the innocent.

Now, I don't know if this is just an urban legend. However, I seem to remember a town in the midwest in the early to mid 20th century that required all adult men to carry a sidearm at all times. Low and behold, ALMOST NO CRIME. Would you want to rob a bank in that town if you knew everyone in the place was packing? In modern terms....CSI tracking trajectory would have about 20 paths converging on one spot!

Now, I don't know if this is just an urban legend. However, I seem to remember a town in the midwest in the early to mid 20th century that required all adult men to carry a sidearm at all times. Low and behold, ALMOST NO CRIME. Would you want to rob a bank in that town if you knew everyone in the place was packing? In modern terms....CSI tracking trajectory would have about 20 paths converging on one spot!

Kennisaw, Georgia. Google it and read up. Law was passed in the early 80's. Apparently no one has ever been prosecuted for not obeying the law, and it is pretty much unenforcible.

IMO, it sounds like a novel idea, but is along the same lines as the "feel good" laws that liberals like to come up with that don't actually do much, but make them feel good about doing something.

Then again, I've been wrong before.

God, now I want to be Swiss.....I never thought I would say that. LOL

Remember, Switzerland has no army. Switzerland is an army. [wink]

There's the old story of the German intelligence officer trying to work his Swiss counterpart shortly before or after the Nazi invasion of France. The German said something to the effect, "Our forces out number you two to one. What would happen if we invaded your country?" The Swiss officer replied, "Shoot twice."

The Swiss militia system is EXACTLY the system the United States was supposed to have.

Nice vid, too bad that would never happen over here. All the gang bangers would have a field day with those weapons.

The "War on Drugs" creates the black market in which the gang bangers operate. If there was no war on drugs and drug prohibition was ended, what would the gang bangers be fighting over? Today with alcohol prohibition ended, the owner of the 7-11 doesn't do a drive by on Cumberland Farms because he sells beer on his block. While not legalized, Switzerland's drug policy is less about enforcement and more about treatment compared to the US. I say freedom to own firearms and the freedom to choose what you put in you own body are related.

The "War on Drugs" creates the black market in which the gang bangers operate. If there was no war on drugs and drug prohibition was ended, what would the gang bangers be fighting over? Today with alcohol prohibition ended, the owner of the 7-11 doesn't do a drive by on Cumberland Farms because he sells beer on his block. While not legalized, Switzerland's drug policy is less about enforcement and more about treatment compared to the US. I say freedom to own firearms and the freedom to choose what you put in you own body are related.

They're definitely related. It's called freedom. Something we're supposed to have here as Americans. However it's been under continuous attack since our nation's founding. And the anti-freedom folks are winning.

They're called Sheeples. Everyone says to themselves "why do I need this or that, the government provides it?". Well if the goverment provides everything and you become dependent on them, then they can take ANYTHING away.

Back
Top Bottom